Freelance Producer wanted
Forums home -> Job Offers -> Freelance Producer wanted
Freelance Producer wanted
By AxisAnimation on Sep 06, 2010 12:54 PM
Axis Animation is an award-winning CGI and animation studio based in Glasgow. We are currently seeking to recruit a Producer to work on next generation game cinematics and commercial animation projects. The ideal candidate will be experienced in every aspect of production including pitching, budgeting, scheduling, briefing and managing teams and overseeing post production .You will also have a passion for, and preferable experience in, animation, VFX and mixed media productions.
The role requires an experienced Producer with a proven track record of delivering high quality products, who has the skills required to manage projects – staying within budget and on schedule. We’re also looking for a great communicator who will organise and motivate their team and work alongside directors and creative leads to ensure their vision is realised.
The role will involve liaising with and advising clients to determine requirements and manage their expectations, producing cost breakdowns and scheduling, and generally overseeing projects from start to finish.
You will often be the first point of contact with clients so will need to be completely at ease meeting and discussing projects with senior personnel, and be able to instil calm and confidence in clients.
Axis Animation is a friendly place to work, with a strong creative ethic. You must have a real interest in pushing the aesthetic of what we do and an appreciation of what that means for the artists and technology within the Axis studio.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience within a CG related environment.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines across concurrent projects is essential
- The ability to interact with Directors, CG supervisors, Lead and Technical Artists, to determine creative and technical requirements of projects is integral to this role
- The ability to problem solve and flag up potential problems is necessary
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital
- Attention to detail is essential
NB Although experience in a CG / Animation studio is of great advantage in this post it is not essential and applicants who can demonstrate appropriate skills and experience in production will also be considered.
Please send your CV, a letter detailing why you feel you are right for this role and details of your current salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include "Producer Application" in the subject line.