Login - Become a member

3DS Max Plugin Developer sought (Contract Work)

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> 3DS Max Plugin Developer sought (Contract Work)

3DS Max Plugin Developer sought (Contract Work) 
By Maness-Allen on Jul 20, 2006 03:47 AM
Hello,

We need a fully functioning clone of the DEM2MAX plugins available for free from HABWare, with a critical bug fix. The DEM2MAX plugin permits the import of USGS Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) into Max, and then creates an 'elevation object' inside Max that the user can set the sampling/triangulation resolution on. The flaw in the existing DEM2MAX plugin is that when sampling, the boundaries of the DEM are not respected, leaving gaps in models that use tiled DEMs.

We are looking to seperate the import function from the support for the elevation object inside MAX. We will distribute the support plugin freely, and use the import function for the development of terrain patches.

We will need a version for MAX 4-5 and for 6-7.
As a follow-on, we'll want to develop a similar plugin for Maya and other popular rendering packages. This bid is just for MAX though. We're looking to have it completed by the end of August.

Reply here or to notify@maness-allen.com with your bid. I recommend you download the DEM2MAX plugin (www.habware.at) and get familiar with it before you bid on the job. If you need .DEM files that illustrate the problem, drop me a line and I'll send them to you.

We can make direct payment arrangements or we also hire through rentacoder (the job request is http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=499663). We pay them, and on acceptance, they pay you. No fuss, muss or bother.

Thanks!
William Maness

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us