Login - Become a member

Maya newbie..

Forums home -> Maya -> Maya newbie..

Maya newbie.. 
By VitalOverdose on May 11, 2006 05:16 PM
Hi there, im a coder/designer working with the Unreal 3d system. Ive got to learn how use maya so i can use the UnrealTournament2004 plugin thats available. I really dont dont like this program so far to be honest but im going to stick with it.
Can anyone suggest some and well written tutorials or preferably video tutes (im a bit dyslexic) for people who are not new to using 3d but just new to using maya?
Ive run though some of the tutorials that alias provide and was half way through the 'how to make a hamme'r tutorial and somehow ive changed the window on the right hand side of the screen where you can maually input/edit an objects properties (like how many sides on a cylindar etc) . Ive now got a window with 5 tabs in its place and i havent got a clue how to change it back :roll: Can anyone tell me what ive done?
Thanks.

By daisyshow on May 19, 2006 10:31 AM
:D hey,guy,you need more practices on basic operations in maya.I advise you to read the maya docs first for necessary instructions.
the window you mentioned with 5 tabs is the attribute editor,if you got an object selected and clicked the first item on the pop-out menu of right mouse ,which labeled as the name of the object,then it'll appear and repalce the previous window,the channel box.If you want it back,just go menu "display" --"UI elements"--"channel box".

and about the tutorials ,I recommend you to "www.3dtotal.com",there're tons of materials you may like over there,galleries,tutorials,textures,and models.I think it should benefit you a lot.cheers.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us