Login - Become a member

Art Jobs at alaris Studios, Bombay

Forums home -> Job Offers -> Art Jobs at alaris Studios, Bombay

Art Jobs at alaris Studios, Bombay 
By ghostdogg on May 04, 2006 12:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Alaris Studios is a new startup game studio based in Mumbai. The company is setup in partnership with an UK based games development studio.

At present we are looking to hire 8-10 artists with 3-5 years experience in game/film art. Below is a brief description of the current openings. All postions are for next gen game console titles.

Also, individuals would be expected to travel abroad to work at client site.

Artist Job Spec

Environment Artist

We are looking for a number of environment artists to model, texture and light 3D environments and to model and texture additional props for next gen game environments. The ideal candidates will possess 3D modelling skills, including detailed buildings, vehicles, props, weapons, etc. and knowledge of lighting techniques along with solid texturing skills - in particular the ability to produce ultra realistic texture sets, an ability to recreate various different materials.

Applicants must have an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge using Maya/Max and Photoshop. Knowledge of ZBrush is desirable, as is knowledge of shader creation and techniques. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong artistic background, though not necessarily academic. The candidate should also show a good understanding of level design.

Character Artist

To model in-game characters with effective use of polygon budget, modelling high poly characters to the required standard and level of detail. The role also involves creating UV maps with good layout, use of space and minimal texture distortion, producing normal maps and surface bakes and creating textures to the appropriate style and standard. Previous experience in the games or similar industry is highly desirable, though not essential. An intermediate to advanced level of knowledge using Maya/Max and Photoshop is essential and an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of ZBrush would be a distinct advantage. Applicants should also have a good understanding of underlying mesh construction techniques for joint deformation and facial animation, etc. Knowledge of human and animal anatomy plus cloth and drapery is beneficial.

We are looking to conduct some preliminary interviews in Mumbai during the 2nd week of May.

If these jobs sound interesting to you then please forward me us your CV and a few work samples at amrishwadekar@graphic-designer.com

If you need any further information or have any questions and please dont not hesitate to contact me.

I am looking forward to hearing form you.

Regards

Amrish Wadekar
Alaris Studios
Bombay
India
hi 
By thegamedesigner on Nov 15, 2006 07:44 AM
have you launched your studio yet??
Re: Art Jobs at alaris Studios, Bombay 
By heresunil on Jan 30, 2009 11:23 AM
In Bombay where is ur studio located
confirm me ur contact number & address so that i call u directly