Login - Become a member

Modeling a blimp problems

Forums home -> Lightwave 3D -> Modeling a blimp problems

Modeling a blimp problems 
By chays on Feb 15, 2006 04:25 AM
I was reading a tutorial out of a book called 3D Graphics and Animation in which they are creating a blimp. They discuss using a scale deform in order to have an extruded object deform to a profile. The closest thing I can come to in LightWave is the Rail Bevel and the Rail Extrude. My problem is that I want the ends to come to a point. With both the Rail Bevel and the Rail Extrude, my end points are flat. Any suggestions? I'm including scans from the book to illustrate what they are referring to.

By showme on Feb 17, 2006 10:21 AM
Hello,
try to build a shape like this one from the second page (a). You can use the bezier tool in the modeler, or you ca build a shape in a graphic software like illustrator or freehand and import it with the eps loader to the modeler. with ctrl d transform it into a polygon. Place it in a position, that brings the the lower line from pict a, page 2 to Y= 0 mm. then use the "multiply -> lathe tool. the axiis in the lathe requester depends on the axis where your shape is placed.
with this steps you have your blimp.
I hope this will help
showme
By jainnylee on Aug 14, 2012 05:30 AM
“The first flight primary objective was to perform a safe launch and recovery with a secondary objective to verify the flight control system operation,” Army spokesman John Cummings said in a statement. “Additional first flight objectives included airworthiness testing and demonstration, and system level performance verification.”

Forbrukslån

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us