Login - Become a member

maya newcomer

Forums home -> Maya -> maya newcomer

maya newcomer 
By Argit on Jan 09, 2006 08:10 PM
Hello, (before you read the whole text, have a look at the bolded text below, because that is my only question, nothing else- the text before is introduction :) )

I am new to maya. I am 17 years old, very interested in 3D Design, from germany (currently in USA because of exchange/ Seattle, WA) and I would like to know how to start with maya the easiest way. I can imagine, this topic is explained somewhere very well, but I have no clue where to read and how to find the information I like (so I wouldl be glad if somebody can give me a quick response).

I downloaded the 7.0 maya- learning Edition (obviously, because I can't effort the vollversion). I found some tutorials (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/) but I think you have to have some introduction experience with maya, because they are not described very well. I can follow them, but anywhere I got my problems when it depens what system you have and where to find buttons and everything else.

So please give me a link for beginner tutorials, which are not difficult to understand (as you can read, my english isn't ver good, so it is hard for me to understand some steps) or give me another possibility how to start, please. Thanks.

By neonbagpiper on Jan 13, 2006 04:24 AM
i found the tutorials at www.digitaltutors.com very helpful, and even if your english isn't that great they have movies to show you along with talking so you can feel your way around

By Argit on Jan 13, 2006 03:34 PM
Thank you for your answer, neonbadpiper.

By the way I used tutorials from the program under "help" which are very useful, too.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us