Login - Become a member

How to use many materials in a complex scene??

Forums home -> Texturing -> How to use many materials in a complex scene??

How to use many materials in a complex scene?? 
By winder on Nov 06, 2005 01:32 AM
Hi everyone! My first post here!! ;)

i 'm wondering ... is it possible to add more materials in the material editor (3d s max) more than the existing (16 i think). The reason i ask this, is because i am making a fighter airplane cockpit and i must make many many textures for many difrent parts.

I think that the only way to use many materials is the multi-sub object material. is any other way? Because it's vary boring to go and change all the material id's in the model.

thanks in advance :oops:
Re: How to use many materials in a complex scene?? 
By Wafer on Jan 01, 2006 06:18 AM
Hi everyone! My first post here!! ;)

i 'm wondering ... is it possible to add more materials in the material editor (3d s max) more than the existing (16 i think). The reason i ask this, is because i am making a fighter airplane cockpit and i must make many many textures for many difrent parts.

I think that the only way to use many materials is the multi-sub object material. is any other way? Because it's vary boring to go and change all the material id's in the model.

thanks in advance :oops:

You can have 100s (more than you can display in the material editor). The material editor is just that, and editor, not a list of everything in your scene. You can actually scroll the material editor window in Max with the middle mouse or right mouse (I cant remember which sorry), it scrolls to reveal tons more space in the preview window.

Cheers
Wafer
www.kevinwafer.com

By langalkas1 on Jun 28, 2006 01:43 PM
i too[URL=http://allegra.googledrugs.net]:)[/URL]

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us