Login - Become a member

APU ammo belt help in max

Forums home -> Modeling -> APU ammo belt help in max

APU ammo belt help in max 
By pownallmark on Nov 01, 2005 08:46 PM
Does anybody have any ideas how to create and rig an ammo belt for the matrix apu?

i have built the apu using max 7 but have been stuck on this bit for weeks, can create the ammo belt but am stumped on how to rig it and animate it. PLEASE HELP..... :? :? :?
Re: APU ammo belt help in max 
By ghazi on Nov 19, 2005 07:26 PM
hi. you can rig this belt with bones but in a different way link each bone with the other on wire parameter on x or y or z axis.but its no so proffesional.
Re: APU ammo belt help in max 
By Wafer on Jan 01, 2006 06:15 AM
Does anybody have any ideas how to create and rig an ammo belt for the matrix apu?

i have built the apu using max 7 but have been stuck on this bit for weeks, can create the ammo belt but am stumped on how to rig it and animate it. PLEASE HELP..... :? :? :?

Do you want it to feed the bullets thru properly , with the object on one side getting shorter, and and getting longer on the other side?

If I understand right, I`d do this by animating the geometry down a spline. This is easy in Maya. I can't remember if you can do something similar in Max.

You could always fake it, and make the ammo belt out of two or more seperate objects, animating the visibility with the vertex colour perhaps... hide parts of the belt you dont want to show at different times.

Do you have a screenshot of the object?
Cheers
Wafer
www.kevinwafer.com

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us