Login - Become a member

3ds Max? Maya? corel Bryce? I am confused.

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> 3ds Max? Maya? corel Bryce? I am confused.

3ds Max? Maya? corel Bryce? I am confused. 
By Jormungand on Jun 06, 2005 07:29 PM
Hello

Sorry for my bad spelling and bad grammar but I was interested by the pictures I had seen in Digital Fantasy Painting at Barnes & Noble. I was inspired by Steffen Sommer and Slawek Wojtowicz paintings with Corel Bryce, Adobe Photoshop, 3ds Mx, and maybe Corel painter. I wanted to know what tools I would need to create my own artworks. I really like Detailed Fighting Robots, Large Landscapes, and just all around eye-catching art that makes the viewer say "wow". My question is really on what tools I should get. I am just overwhelmed with all the technology that is available to me but I am unable to make a clear decision on what I should get and use. I actually sat in Barnes & Nobles for 3 hours reading and looking at all these magnificant artworks that I saw in the books I was reading on graphics. I was captivated by Steffen Sommer and Slawek Wojtowicz works of arts. I cant remember which did which artwork but I most definetly remember The alien city with the floating vehicle that looked 100 years ahead of its time. WIth alll the detail and background and complexity that gave it an 10 out of 10 in my mind. Or the endless ocean with the two dragon fly robots flying towards the viewer with a beutifull view of the ocean and the moon lingering in the background. So if you can help me decide what software I need to follow my own path down the artwork road. Please...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Me

By mr d on Jun 08, 2005 07:29 PM
hello
bryce is a landscape - cloud generating program, some limited and hard to use 3d functions. corel paint and photoshop are used for painting and retouching images, plus graphic - print work. 3dsMax and Maya are 3d modeling and animation programs.
many images you see are 3d renders, or 2d digital paintings or a combination of the two. ex: landscape is made in bryce, 3d city in max. images are taken into photoshop and cut and pasted together and touched up.
to get trial versions of max go to discreet.com, maya at alias.com. be aware these are complex programs to learn.
a landscape generating program you can get for free is terragen. forget where exactly, try a search. find i like its landscapes and skys better than bryce and it's free.
no trees or vegetation however.
best lick mr d.

By eddie.motorsport on Oct 05, 2005 10:49 PM
I think, if you are begginer that LightWave is best solution, because of price, than Maya. Try to get Mojo World for generating landscapes :)

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us