Login - Become a member

Attaching the legs to the hips

Forums home -> Maya -> Attaching the legs to the hips

Attaching the legs to the hips 
By cm1887 on May 24, 2005 01:04 AM
I am creating my first patch model of a woman. But I have hit a snag. I need some help attaching the leg of the woman to the hips in the proper way to make the crotch and buttocks. The hip and the upper leg are both NURB cylinders that I shaped with very little geometry.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can find some pictures of what I have so far here

By ScrambledPotatoes on Nov 10, 2005 08:53 PM
Welllllll

In order for me to help you with this, you need to make the hips more defined. You'll need to model them like breifs - with the crotch area going all around. You're best bet is to turn a Nurbs cylinder sidewards and play with the cvs.

Now, the best bet that will give you the smoothest animation is to use what you're making as a template, and construct the actual model by making your current stuff "Live" then drawing CV curves directly on it. Any tutorial you find about modelling with nurbs will show you that handy trick. It'll keep me from getting into extreme detail here.

Basically, you're going to construct rough geometry, then use billets to join them together. Then make the object live, draw curves on it, then planar between the curves. The trick will come from drawing the curves just right - so look for a tutorial on that.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us