Login - Become a member

3ds Max Versus Maya

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> 3ds Max Versus Maya

3ds Max Versus Maya 
By amaljolly on Apr 29, 2005 09:05 PM
hi there
Iam a 15 year old who has mastered photoshop,Flash,Illustrator and Dreamweaver.But now Iam dabbling with 3d. I have already started out on MaxCan anyone recommend the programmes I need to learn so as to reach the standard of a professonal 3d animator?.
Also which is more powerful and vluable?
Max or Maya.

By triple_s on May 04, 2005 04:11 AM
HI amaljolly~~
i am a MAX user, for me i think MAX is user friendly.
But if you compare with the function, i think that will be MAYA :wink:
max or maya 
By mr d on May 13, 2005 09:30 PM
use both. find most people who do like max for low poly and heavy uv texture work.
higher end animation and nurbs goes to maya.
depends on the artist 
By nawar_ibrahim on Aug 16, 2005 08:47 AM
amaljolly... it depends on the artist really... both software are grwoing and learning from each other from other sftware too ..to upgrade their tools and capabilites...

I prefer max really I took a course on maya..... but still I continued with max!

see yaa
3dsMax is the best 
By harish on Aug 25, 2005 04:52 PM
hi,

i am working from 8years in this 3dgraphics field. and upto now i know all 3d softwares,, but upto now still i feel 3dsmax is the best and toppest software, its very userfriendly and due to quick options and controlling flexibility is very much handy and good. i prefer 3dsmax is the best.

thanking you
harish
3D max 
By fusion of elements on Sep 02, 2005 01:56 PM
Really depends what you are doing, but for day to day modelling and diveristy of app, definately Max.

Box / Modifier Modelling, texturing, Rendering, Animation, Particles etc etc... Max does the lot.

It has a wider platform and knowledge base and also an awesome scripting language. So if there is a function that Max doesnt offer, you simply script it. Also, many more plugins and renderers are available making the all important output as good as any other app.

Thats the way i work, using other apps such as ZBrush to feed back into Max, but still using Max as the base tool.

By Reuel on Sep 21, 2005 12:12 AM
As a 3d studio max user I must say that 3d studio max has a lot going for....never having used may ( othe than maya ple vs 5 ).

By eddie.motorsport on Oct 05, 2005 10:46 PM
Im 3ds max user, but, I realy think, that Maya is much, much better in many ways :)
Re: 3ds Max Versus Maya 
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:28 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us