Login - Become a member

Binding skin

Forums home -> Maya -> Binding skin

Binding skin 
By JIB on Feb 18, 2005 02:53 AM
I recently started using maya 6 and I've had problems binding skin to a skeleton. I created each limb separately as NURBS objects, and even though I've tried to follow the steps from the tutorials it doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting error messages about going to bind pose to attach new skins, and I'm not able to bind anything but the arms and legs on my character....Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joanna

By francomanko on Mar 01, 2005 03:35 PM
When binding new objects to the skeleton you have to make sure the actual joints are in the exact same position / rotation as they were when you bound the first object...this is the bindpose.

Usually you can use the "skin>goto bind pose" option, but remember to turn off the solving of any ik you have. "modify>evaluate nodes>iksolvers" (untick)

bindposes have always been a bit of an issue, I never rely on it so I usually key the skeleton in its original position before skinning any objects to it.

By Jesse Dark on Apr 02, 2005 10:09 PM
I even got a problem with binding. I tried to select just the ONE Joint but the whole Skeleton got selected. And if I want to select the last joint I made, the bone got also selected. (Sorry, for my bad english - I'm just a stupid german)
HELP ME!

By mr d on May 13, 2005 09:40 PM
taking you got your bind pose ok. select the skin portion(say nurb left arm), selct the left
shoulder bone(if heirarchy correct should pick entire arm). now under skin do a bind rigid or deformable, but click on the black square -options box next- to the type you want. inside options you can chose whole skeleton or selected bones

might help mr d

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us