Login - Become a member

How can I make lights go through transparent material ?

Forums home -> Lighting -> How can I make lights go through transparent material ?

How can I make lights go through transparent material ? 
By Mysticcat on Feb 04, 2005 03:22 PM
I'm modelling a scene which has a glass window that a Spotlight goes through. But no matter how much I adjust its transparency (Raytrace material), the light is still prevented. It's just available when there's nothing standing on its way. Btw, I really need the glass window. What can I do to make the light go through the window ?

Thanks in advance.

By fusion of elements on Feb 09, 2005 09:21 AM
If using Studio Max and the library raytrace glass, make sure that the spotlight going through the window has its shadow type set to 'Ray Traced Shadows' as other shadow types will not allow light to pass through glass.

If this fails to work, ensure that the light is not disabled and that the objects in the room are set to recieve light from that specific source

By stefopoulos on Sep 25, 2005 07:14 PM
also you can use some volume light effect from enviroment to cheer up your scene more

By Jekan0l on Apr 15, 2006 07:03 PM
Yeah, i absolutely agree with you :) :)

By ShadowLightGenesis on Jun 02, 2006 09:49 PM
maybe exclude the window from receiving lights and shadow in the lights "general parametre" option.

By aamir on Jun 26, 2007 11:29 AM
ok if u r doing in max use plan instead of box coz plan has only one face so if u use light on the back side u'll got the effect of reflracting og light

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us