Login - Become a member

HDRI with 3ds max problem

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> HDRI with 3ds max problem

HDRI with 3ds max problem 
By liquid_h on Dec 08, 2004 05:31 PM
was following Steve Reb's tutorial on Basic HDRI and Raytracing, which is
on this site http://www.3dluvr.com/content/article/91/2I and I came to a problem I cant seem to solve,...
When I was asked to switch the RGB channel output from RGB to HDR at the top of page 2 I found that Max won't let me the HDR option is greyed out and the RGB option is checked and cannot be unchecked. as a result I can't get thr HDR file to light up my scene, up untill that point I had followed the tutorial exactly even using the same HDR file as Mr Reb and I'm using final render stg1 too. can someone please help?

By fusion of elements on Dec 09, 2004 10:08 AM
I would like to learn how to use HDR properly and have seen several tutorials all with different approaches, and none of them seemed to work well....

As for the tutorial you followed, I am unable to help as I dont have final render installed.

However, I have achieved HDR lighting by using a different method....

Place a skylight in your scene. import a HDR file as a bitmap. Instance this to the map slot on the skylight. Also instance it to the environment map slot. Then you are supposed to take the white log value on the hdr import and apply that to the output of the bitmap (not sure tho)

Sorry... hope something in there helped (you'll also need to use exposure controls)

By liquid_h on Dec 11, 2004 01:34 AM
THe skylight thing is a very handy trick,
thanks for that mate, i seem to be able to always count on u to reply when others havent

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us