Login - Become a member

Resolution and File Output type for TV ???

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> Resolution and File Output type for TV ???

Resolution and File Output type for TV ??? 
By fusion of elements on Sep 17, 2004 08:47 AM
Would be really grateful if anyone could help with the output options for animations. I have only starting animating recently and I have landed a small freelance contract to produce some environment animations (mountains, landscapes, snow change, water movements etc).......

The animations are to be used initialy in computer presentations (Director / Powerpoint / stand alone)... These can easliy be output as avi or mov files at screen resolution - 800 x 600 possibly....

However,

When it comes to output for TV, what aspect ratio, resolution and file format should I use?

Would be greatful for any help... I have just registerd with this forum and this is my first posting... any help would be much appreciated :D

By UK_freelancer on Oct 17, 2004 02:23 PM
There are several posts on this forum that answer your question, if rendering for TV you need to know whether your rendering for a PAL, SECAM or NTSC TV format - you can find their resolution formats by using a search engine and the aforementioned formats as keywords. In terms of actual render files ideally use targa as these are small files and 100% uncompressed and use a standard NLE such as premiere or avid to render them out into a video format.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us