Login - Become a member

need a one strong advice

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> need a one strong advice

need a one strong advice 
By abrintod on Aug 30, 2004 01:11 PM
Greeting
I am following your debate on progs and cons of graphics programs currently in use
I was an oracle programmer With a deep interest in 3d programming witch I have started taking courses recently in saudia-riyadh I feel I am not getting what I really need to advance my self in 3d here wise & instructor wise .
I am confused on to what program in best for me . so please advise me on the following (because I want ed as a career)

1) high quality T.V. ADS
2) Cinematographic special effects
(imaginary building)
(imaginary characters)
3)matching merging real an imaging

but I donít want to shift from on program to another , because no program is perfect 100% so please advise me through which program I can achieve the items mentioned above ,not perfectly , but reasonably well
Maya or 3d Max
With consideration of the following

A)Pros and cons of the two programs with to respect my priorities mentioned above
b)how difficult on the comparably , and degree of difficulty
c) which is easier to master through experience and practice
d) how long I need to master any one of them
e)possibility to handling the above function masterly
f) employability opportunities in the west

tariq
abrintod@hotmail.com

By Bachus on Aug 31, 2004 03:16 AM
This is going to stir up a hornetís nest of debate. Get ready for the cross-fire. As for the criteria you have put down I would go with 3d Max.

Itís more intuitive to learn, you can pick it up relatively quickly as apposed to Maya. I use both and find Maya better for organic forms, and 3d max for inorganic. As for how long it takes to master 3d max I have been using it for about 3 years and still learn something new each time I turn it on.

As for the employment potential of them you will have to ask someone else.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us