Login - Become a member

is Maya a good software for beginners?

Forums home -> Maya -> is Maya a good software for beginners?

is Maya a good software for beginners? 
By AxCion on Jun 13, 2004 01:54 AM
is it easy to use or is 3ds Max easier? whats the benefits?
I would choose Maya! 
By gstapleton on Sep 29, 2004 11:01 PM
Actually students who I have talked to think 3DS Max is the easier of the two, but being that Maya was the first program I ever started out with, I think it's great. Also it would be beneficial to any 3D artist to learn Maya because it has become almost an industry standard. I have both apps but I think Maya is much more intuitive than 3D Studio. There are options within options with Maya. Don't misunderstand though, 3D Studio does produce jaw dropping effects but I think Maya is a step above.

By Mikademius on Mar 30, 2005 12:32 PM
I'd say maya is not for beginners. Max is easier to learn on your own, but if you are choosing schhols etc. I'd go for the one teaching Maya. I started out with Max and now I use Maya. The two are very simular in many ways so going from Max to maya is no problem at all. Going back is worse :)
Both packages are very powerful. So I can't say this is better than that, but based on my own experience I'd say maya is more complex and it's almost unlimited what you can do with it. Usually, the hardware stops you from pulling insane stunts. Also, now that Mental Ray is included, rendering in Maya is much easier then earlier.

By eddie.motorsport on Oct 05, 2005 11:31 PM
Maya is more complicated, but is stronger and also if you buying complete Maya, is cheeper.
Do what you want to do 
By sivakumar.r on Apr 11, 2007 07:19 AM
Hi Eddie,

I personally feel that do limit your self in any tool or software. Just concentrate on what you want to do. you can get quality output in both max and maya, the way reaching there might be different but the end result is one. in max you have a lot of thing predefined but in maya its different. i recommend better not compare these two software.

Try both and decide which one you need to concentrate to get what you want

enjoy Learning, Coz learning never ends.

Regards,

Sivan

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us