Login - Become a member

attaching

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> attaching

attaching 
By Melkior on May 20, 2004 03:02 AM
Hi i'm new to this forum and to the 3D world. I'm doing my first head model and now I am to the point were I must attach the two halves. I am able to group them but I can't make any modification after that. (I'm using 3ds max6) I would really apreciate if you could help me. Thanx!

By UK_freelancer on Oct 17, 2004 01:50 PM
Grouping your two objects won't help because you still have two seperate objects, except they are put into a single group. If you select them, goto the tools or edit drop down - i can't remember which, and select open you will then be able to select your two halves - they are still two separate objects.

As an example of what you should do model two hemisphers and then align them so that each of the large flat surfaces sits up against the other. Select the large flat polygons and delete them. Select one of the hemispheres and go to its sub-object level and select polygons,scroll down the drop downs until you see a button called attach, click it and select the other hemisphere, you have now combined noth hemispheres into a single object. If you don't delete the two polygons you will get errors when rendering.

You may also need to weld some vertices other wise you will have gaps in your mesh which again will look odd when rendering.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us