Login - Become a member

how to create human figure?

Forums home -> Modeling -> how to create human figure?

how to create human figure? 
By Canadian_Mofo on Nov 20, 2002 03:56 PM
can anyone suggest a good tutorial on how to create the human figure??

(either male of female... (preferably the male genre... i heard these were best to start with))

(i'm still using 3dmaxr3)

or if anyone can suggest a way of starting on creating the human form, since i am still an amateur and do not know the tricks of the trade  and do not know where or how to start, to form the human body.
Re: how to create human figure? 
By NOMIND on Nov 25, 2002 05:28 PM
Hey there you mofo!!  Ha!  I can call you a mofo and get away with it!  But seriously...  Where in Canada are you?  I live in Mississauga ON.  I hate it here.  
So you wanna model a person?  Well, I am a bit of a beginner as well, but I can give you some advice.  I have been toying around with Max 5, and found the editable mesh method quite easy.  Start with a standard primitive, (sphere, box, etc.) then convert it to an editable mesh.  Then you block out your basic form using the edit mesh tools, (extrude, bevel, move verticies) keeping it as simple as possible.  Only add more detail ( polygons, verticies, etc. ) where it is needed.  Then apply the mesh smooth modifier to round everything out.  There should be a basic tutorial on low-poly modeling included in your software.  If not...  http://www.tutorialfind.com/tutorials/  
As far as starting with males or females, I would tell you males.  The musculature is much more obvious in a male, which will give you a grasp on how the body is actually put together.  Once you are familiar with the anatomy, the muscles can be scaled down to the proportions of the more subtle female form.
By Laptiko on Mar 06, 2003 01:59 PM
Here you have the best tutorial for create a human model...It's from a university professor:

http://www.highend3d.com/global/tutorials/subdmodel/page1.3d

By L_A_R_V on Aug 04, 2003 09:56 AM
if it was in TrueSpace i would use certainly metabals.. ;D
but in 3dSmax im still a junior.... sorry can't help u... try TS :P
By hagbard on Oct 08, 2003 08:16 AM
good poly-modelling tutorials on www.secondreality.ch
By Windmill on Oct 08, 2003 11:18 PM
yes I agree.. wiros tutorials converted me to poly modelling and have been my main influence in my modelling methods.

Very useful tutorials
By ghostvalley on Apr 14, 2004 01:51 AM
i 'm a chinese ,i  use 3d max5
you can use the  mesh tools and commander
"extrude" to get the model
By MickeyVera on Jul 14, 2004 02:16 AM
Here you have the best tutorial for create a human model...It's from a university professor:<br><br>http://www.highend3d.com/global/tutorials/subdmodel/page1.3d<br><br>

Hi my name is Mike :

how I made a woman figure and hair I have 3D max 6 and i have so many problems to
model a Human figure .. I will thank you If you can help me to modeling a figure...

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us