Login - Become a member

Architectural Modelling

Forums home -> Modeling -> Architectural Modelling

Architectural Modelling 
By shauryashauryaa on Jan 27, 2003 06:49 AM
Hello People.
My first Post (first?, I think so, Ya right Definetely the first  ;D) so I like so many before me would like to reiterate Raph.com is the coolest site, beautiful and inspiring in its galleries, hopefully the same in its forums. :)

Ppl. I need to make a LOT of architectural models.
and I have no clue (well I have some clues to modelling, but see my dilemma is abt HOW to model Archi stuff.)
eg.: box modelling or spline?
What about accurate scale?
The final model is a single mesh or a Group?
When doing a walkthrough from outside to inside what about the nrmals? i.e. make two models one for the exterior and the other for the interior or use two sided materials?
The edges don't seem sharp in spline modelling what to do?
and so on and so forth ad infinitum :'( :'( :'(

Ppl with some experience in modelling this kind of stuff please help.
and also post some suggestions that you may have, extra input is very very welcome.

cheers to all.
Re: Architectural Modelling 
By shauryashauryaa on Jan 27, 2003 06:51 AM
Oh! and I am using MAX
By W_Roberts on Jan 28, 2003 03:35 PM
    If your using, let say, a plane for a wall, you can use a '2-sided' mat if the texture don't change, or 'double-sided' if it does. That 'll fix your normals.

By tim on Apr 29, 2003 04:16 AM
if it needs to be acurate use splines and have your  blueprints worked  out
By 2hot on May 12, 2003 07:49 AM
:o I have done a bit of Architectural modeling in max but I am at a loss as to what your problem is. :'( :'( :'(  Could you be a little specific? What is your target and where are you now?  Could you make your work accessible so I can appreciate the situation. ;)
By K-Loo on Oct 15, 2003 05:31 PM
I'm also beginning with arch -renderings on 3DSMax, I used Microstation before... this post is there to be noticed when the thread goes on.

By kailashshinde on Jun 09, 2004 06:04 AM
if ur having Max 6 and u use Autocad then ur life is simple
Do 3d in autocad in proper layer sequence and import file in Max.
In Max6 ur getting good 3d mesh just textured and do lighting render it in max. :)
architectual modelling 
By the pidge on Jul 20, 2004 11:22 PM
I've been doing architectual modelling for awhile and I found that the easiest and most quickiest way to import models into max, is to create them from archi cad, auto cad is good too, but i found it takes a bit of tweaking.archi cad works in 3d so your half way there already.there's a script on the web @ the script spot (forget the web address) that let's you import 3ds file straight from archi cad,and lets you change the defualt materials that archi cad applies.the only problem is that archi cad converts all the imported object to name like "arch_1-12" etc, so it's hard to find a certain object from the selection dialog window.

By huayao0303 on Nov 04, 2004 01:51 PM
(first,my English is not very well)
hi,i am form CHINA!
i come here today!
i am also using 3dmax now!
i thing i can learn a lot of tecnique here!!

thank you !

By galsberg! on Jun 30, 2006 12:44 PM
really?[URL=http://flonase.googledrugs.net]:)[/URL]
By jack2009 on Apr 28, 2009 12:37 PM
Our deep skill set and fundamental understanding of all aspects of project development allow us to offer innovative services and solutions to our clients, meeting their project and business objectives. We pride ourselves on offering a strong commitment to excellence in project delivery - on time, on budget. BOSE delivers innovative presentations/visuals,sustainable designs, engineering excellence, technical and management expertise. We respond creatively to project challenges.
BOSE is the fastest growing consulting firm with unparalleled reputation for professionalism that also adapts well to market demands by providing cost effective solutions and services. We have dynamic design studios with signature Architects/Engineers and visualisers and Managers.Our aim is to create timeless design. we deliver world-class consulting services .
=================================
Will Acai Berry Cause Significant Weight Loss Vaccines and Autism Causes
Austin Texas apartments
By barbaraluo on May 29, 2010 06:44 AM
Too much your questions are, and I think the point for you to get familiar with and professional to architectual modelling is time. You need more practice and the right person who can lead you and give you more suggesions on it. Come on boy!

http://www.vi12.com/

attachment

click for full-size image (665 x 498)

By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:12 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us