Login - Become a member

Newbie needing help

Forums home -> Modeling -> Newbie needing help

Newbie needing help 
By topdawg516 on May 14, 2003 06:15 PM
hi evereyone i have a question about modeling. ok well i am still doing tutorials and i am trying to get into modeling cars and stuff. so in the tutorial it says to make a box with the same dimensions as the bitmap. and so i did that. then it says to place the bitmap on the box. so i go to the material editor and get my bitmap up. then i try to drag the bitmap onto my box that i had made and it won't let me. it just gives me a circle with a slash through it tellingme that i can't do it. so if someone could help me i would really appreciate it. thanks. later!
Re: Newbie needing help 
By topdawg516 on May 14, 2003 06:16 PM
by the way i am using 3dsMax v5.1

By SMikeagol on Sep 05, 2004 10:15 AM
Im also a newbee but I think I could help you out of this problem (If not, Im sorry)

In the material editor theres a button called "assign material to selected object" Select the box first, then search this button under the sample slots of the mat editor and press it. The selected Mat will be assigned to the selected Object.

2nd way to do it.:
Control if your cursor is a drag and drop cursor!
open the mat editor, right click on the sample slot that displays your material (Bitmap) and choose drag and drop! Then drag the material to your object

good luck!
Receiver 
By lip379 on Oct 09, 2005 07:02 PM
So who collects it then? ;)

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us