Login - Become a member

How to model a sphere with tentacles

Forums home -> Modeling -> How to model a sphere with tentacles

How to model a sphere with tentacles 
By ericlwj on Aug 12, 2002 08:21 PM
Does anyone know anyway to model a sphere with tentacles coming out of it...like a virus creture. or do u know where to get a tutorials on it.

Thank U !
Re: How to model a sphere with tentacles 
By gman on Aug 13, 2002 03:45 AM
Hi,

It's fairly easy to do that using standard primatives or by extruding a few faces from the sphere using edit mesh (in Max). I assume this is what you mean.

Best start searching for tutorials which use the same tools you'll be needing.  Sorry I havent got any direct links.

-Gav
By Scooby on Aug 14, 2002 05:42 AM
Lightwave has a plugin called magic bevel its not the end all be all but its quick and dirty. Depends on what 3d program your using and what you want your final shot to look like. But i would use tools like bevel and extrude to pull on the geometry of a sphere with a bunch of faces. Rail extrude is your buddie
By ericlwj on Aug 17, 2002 08:54 PM
Is there any other easyer way? that won't take to much time?...just asking
By Takliel on Aug 18, 2002 06:16 PM
you can do it making just one tentacle and a sphere, then you make a compound object (scatter) so the tentacles will distribute all over the sphere surface.
I know you can do this in max, i dont know any other software but i think you can do it in many other programs.
any question, mail me...
By canavan on Nov 12, 2002 10:00 AM
step 1:  Draw a sphere and make it have around 14-18 segs or whatever that setting is called (default is 32)

step 2: add an edit mesh.

step 3: hit f4 (so you can see what you are doing) and start using the bevel or extrude functions of edit mesh.  make it look how you want it to.

step 4: add a mesh smooth modifier to your stack.

hope this helps..email me if you have any other questions...

chris
By rollinger on Nov 17, 2002 12:43 PM
in cinema4d you have an "matrix Extrude" i Have made some Virus picturres, but unfortunately not online. If you want i let it show you.
In cinema 4d you need 1 second for this operation!

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us