Login - Become a member

Which do U think is the best Modeling Style

Forums home -> Modeling -> Which do U think is the best Modeling Style

Which do U think is the best Modeling Style 
By ericlwj on Jul 30, 2002 09:11 AM
:) Hi! I was trying to model a human head but because there is to much ways in modeling it, I don't know where to start. I read some tutorials in modeling with Patchs and NURBS. From what I know, NURBS is harder and take up more time in modeling a head then patchs. what do u think? or U think there is another way better in modeling a human head.
Re: Which do U think is the best Modeling Style 
By mo_pic on Jul 31, 2002 07:17 AM
First you should write witch software do you use.
I'm using max and the most ease way to model a head is box modeling with meshsmooth modifier.
...and remember that the most ease path isn't always the best.... path...??? or something like that ....
By ericlwj on Jul 31, 2002 07:47 AM
humm...I use 3D max as well but I think most software have the same kinds of modeling terms used so there isn't really a big differents in softwares used. just depands on the use. Anyway, I did tried modeling in mesh but give up on it. I prefure patches as I can at less c a small part on what I have model. But still want to know what are all of your opinion.
By mo_pic on Aug 01, 2002 12:34 AM
Why did you quit using mesh modeling?
I'm not an expert on modeling head' s (I did only a few models), but I still think it's the fastest method.
By ericlwj on Aug 01, 2002 01:31 AM
I'm not saying that I give up on mesh modeling, just that I don't think that its effactive in mordeling a human head. Of course some people prefer to use mesh or nurbs to mordel a head. I just don't know how to and U have to move the vertix and cut here and there ....etc. I just no good in mesh modeling and its harder to get a smooth surface from it even if u use mesh smooth.
By ashery on Aug 30, 2002 01:05 AM
well  --i use max  as well .i always use mesh  modeling in animated cartoon. its very fast .
but i dont  use i t in complex model. it can not be as perfect as i want it to be. :)
By Nicklas on Sep 09, 2002 05:04 AM
I use 3dsmax 4 for my modeling, and the the way that suits me best is meshmodeling with meshsmoth.
I feel that it gives me more control over the mesh, and it's easy to apply details.
here's an example of a head I made:
http://www.raph.com/3dartists/cgibin/forums/YaBB.cgi?board=post_3d_art;action=display;num=1030972412

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us