Login - Become a member

"Auto Window/Crossing By Selection" Confusion

Forums home -> Modeling -> "Auto Window/Crossing By Selection" Confusion

"Auto Window/Crossing By Selection" Confusion 
By SynapticCore on Jul 20, 2002 03:26 PM
Hello people, I am very confused....Please Help!

In max4, I have been reading the book "3ds max 4 Fundamentals" and have got quite far, learning a lot of basic knowledge, but when I got to the exercise on creating a Wire Basket using Lattice, and deleting 2 of the sides of the wire using "Auto Window/Crossing By Direction".  When I do it the wire box doesn't delete the rights sides.

Basically I don't understand how to use this Direction Selection thing, and it doesn't explain it that well in the book.  Could anyone take a little time to help?  Thanks...

SynapticCore
Re: "Auto Window/Crossing By Selection" Confusion 
By Local_Boy on Aug 02, 2002 09:18 AM
Hey man I don't know if you've figured it out already, but Its a good question for those who haven't.

Definitions:
CROSSING-This selection method selects everyting your selection window comes in contact with.

Window-This selection methond selects only the objects completely enclosed by your selection window.

Auto window/Crossing by direction - When you draw a selection window to Left of your first click (right to left) It will be a crossing selection. When you drag your mouse to the Right of your first click (Left to right) it will be a window selection.

The [glow=red,2,300]CONFUSING[/glow] part of max is that you can [glow=red,2,300]CHOOSE[/glow] the [glow=red,2,300]DIRECTION[/glow] of your crossing window. So you can choose to make the crossing window Left to Right [glow=red,2,300]OR[/glow] Right to Left. Which makes what I said before, the [glow=red,2,300]COMPLETE[/glow] Opposite!!!!

So don't be confused. Just Leave the setting on RIGHT to LEFT (default setting), follow my explaination and get a frim grip on the concept first.

I hope this clarifies your inquries.
Aloha from Hawaii,
Kaleo

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us