Login - Become a member

Max Nurbs Multi U Loft???

Forums home -> Modeling -> Max Nurbs Multi U Loft???

Max Nurbs Multi U Loft??? 
By webjockey on Feb 05, 2002 06:38 AM
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to make a u loft that starts with one circle and ends in three circles in 3ds max 4. What I'm trying to create is something organic that looks like a single tube that branches off to three dif. tubes and it should all look smooth. I know how to do a single u loft but, not quite to sure how do this with multiple branches.

I have looked in three 3ds Max books and online for tutorials with no success so if anyone can help it would save me alot of headaches. ???
Thanks
Dan

danvanbrunt@hotmail.com
Re: Max Nurbs Multi U Loft??? 
By agelos on May 19, 2002 01:14 AM
How about this.You make the first tube,then the second tube and you do their boolean union.if this doesnt work then make a copy of the second tube,use the original tube to make a boolean difference so you will have the hole you want and add the copy to the hole.Do the same for the third tube.Also i dont know if 3Dmax has a trim tool.It would be very helpfull.
By Local_Boy on Jun 06, 2002 11:43 AM
Hey Dan, I'm not sure if you figured it out since Feb. But this is how you create a U loft. Select one of the NURBS Curves, than hit the attach button on the Modify Panel, and attach all of the curves you want to loft together. Now all the curves are all in one object you can create a U loft. Just click on the U Loft button and click on all of the curves in the order you want to loft them.
good luck, have fun,
Kaleo
By Local_Boy on Jun 11, 2002 09:17 AM
Sorry, I didn't understand the description at first.
I don't know if you worked it out so I'll keep thinking.

Aloha,
Kaleo
By webjockey on Jun 11, 2002 09:40 AM
Nope, still have not figured it out.

Web

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us