Login - Become a member

build a face

Forums home -> Modeling -> build a face

build a face 
By agelos on May 10, 2002 05:56 AM
Hello every one.Could please someone sugest me any technics for design a face using Maya?Or are there any articles or examples in the web about this?
Thank you all very mutch
Re: build a face 
By Baby_Face on May 13, 2002 03:53 AM
Do u mean modelling a human/character's face or building a polygonal face or filling a hole in ya mesh???  Or have i been using 3DSMax for too long :-/
By agelos on May 13, 2002 05:29 AM
I mean what is the best way to create a face using Maya?Like begining from 5 or 6 CVs with a shape near to a head and reshape the lofted surface?or create a Nurbs primitive and then sculp it?Or it would be better to begin with a polygonal sphere and sculp it using the extrude polygons tools etc.Or to begin with a subdivision primitive and according the polygonal mode sculp the face?Does anybody has any ideas?
By Baby_Face on May 13, 2002 05:55 AM
Hmm, well any of those techniques are good.  Its really down to personal preference probably.

Ive only ever made low poly heads so far...so ive only been box modelling(extruding n that) and cutting polygons and that.

I personally might go for the "sculpting of a nurbs primitive" option as nurbs tend to lend themselves to smooth organic forms.  Plus you can move cv's around to your hearts content with revaltive ease.  I made some nice organic alien space ships with em....very quickly.

So i guess just pick one technique and see if it works for you, if not try another option :)
By raffael3d on May 21, 2002 02:58 AM
I'm sure http://www.3dlinks.com can help you, there you may find some tutorials.
Of course there are actually two or three techniques:
1) NURBS
2) polygon and then subdivison
3) subiv surfaces.

It depends what you prefer, NURBS modeling is very accurate because you draw curves, but later it is more difficult to change components and detail.
Subdiv is first less accurate, but you more easily change and add details.
By agelos on May 25, 2002 06:50 AM
Thank you very mutch.The site you gave me was really helpfull in did.
By raf on May 27, 2002 11:47 PM
check out www.cgchannel.com
there is a nice head modeling tutorial (under reviews)

I'm not a maya user but the tutorial was helpful to me!

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us