Login - Become a member

hmm that low poly feeling!! eek

Forums home -> Modeling -> hmm that low poly feeling!! eek

hmm that low poly feeling!! eek 
By zor on Feb 08, 2002 04:39 PM
Hi all, (first message)

Ive come to a point blank here, and I need to disturb relaity for a second to create charectors for my new job, however... err im so used to creating polys over the 5000 limit and defintly not below...so the last few days (weeks) Ive actully discoverd that low poly can be just as hard if not harder than high poly stuff....so the problem? - well I just need a kik start I guess, and So I turn to you fine people for the love of 3D and the like to support a fellow artist (me..bless) - so...does anyone have a "GREAT" low poly charector tutorial somewhere (ive searched the net and only got bad ones to be fair)

Guess Im always too trigger happy on the meshsmooth :) DOH!

etc..

Cheers a lot  :)

zor

Re: hmm that low poly feeling!! eek 
By Yanni_Mac on Feb 08, 2002 07:45 PM
If you are using max, buy the book, "Modeling a character in 3ds max", by Paul Steed.  It is definately worth the money.  
Re: hmm that low poly feeling!! eek 
By FluxHavoc on Mar 09, 2002 02:08 AM
Well I haven't seen any great sites for ultra-low poly modeling. The general idea is to start off with something really simple and add polys on sparingly. Once you're done, you're going to have to go in again and clean up the mesh one more time (only if you're not careful though, like me).

I have this one friend who models ultra low poly stuff. Pretty good stuff :) He modeled a very convincing hand using something like 50 polys...

And yes, low poly is, in many regards, much more challening than high poly.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us