Login - Become a member

Help...My 3dmax is having problems

Forums home -> Modeling -> Help...My 3dmax is having problems

Help...My 3dmax is having problems 
By ThePuppetMaster on Dec 23, 2001 10:12 AM
My dad bought me 3ds max 4 in the summer and em i installed it and ran fine....but i got a trojan horse virus and had to reformat...K well now that i install my 3ds max4 ...it gets screwed up...u know the 4 screens (perspectives), well they dont have the image in them....all i see is my wallpaper on my pc... I think its because i Chose
direct3d instead of Opengl like i did last time... and last time my dad installed and hes not here...and also, before i reformated, it took way longer to load to get into 3dsmax , but now it goes very fast and screws up.........Please help.....my dad paid 4grand for this.....help someone...???
Re: Help...My 3dmax is having problems 
By ryan_mdg on Dec 23, 2001 01:26 PM
ur in the wrong forum buddy....
By ambient-whisper on Dec 24, 2001 07:28 PM
you can go to command prompt and start up max with the -h command.

( so  inside prompt( dos shell) you typr in the path to the max file then a space and finally -h

that will make it so you have to choose your draw mode again.

the safest one is heidi. its software mode..so itl run no matter what.

example

d:\3dsmax4\3dsmax.exe -h

Last modification: ambient-whisper - 12/24/01 at 20:28:43
By ryan_mdg on Dec 24, 2001 09:07 PM
u sure its not "C:\3DSMAX\3dsmax.exe" -h  (notice the quotations)???
By ambient-whisper on Dec 24, 2001 11:52 PM
well it depends where you installed max to.
By ryan_mdg on Jan 04, 2002 01:18 PM
my point is, don t the quotations have to be around the target file path for it to work??
By ambient-whisper on Jan 04, 2002 06:43 PM
no.

if you do that by right clicking on teh file, going to properties...and then in the target you would have to ..yes.
but i remember doing it without the brackets in prompt.
By ThePuppetMaster on Jan 04, 2002 07:58 PM
OKAY THNX ALL I FIXED IT A LONG TIME AGO...hehe ;)sorry for not telling u people...but its fixed,ONE QUESTION: is there a way i cn use directx instead of openGL...i kinda chost opengl when installed.. and my pictures i render r weird....there em kinda fuzzy..HELP ....there not like photorealistic like last time i had 3dsmax4 installed (had to reformat) anyone know wha tthe problem is......and HOW CAN I MAKE A MOVIE,...lets say i have an animation, how can i put it to avi or whatever, i have to render scene? well how? THNX ALOT EVRYONE FOR ur support!
By Koztah3d on Jan 05, 2002 01:56 PM
Open up Max, press F1, it's all there.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:15 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us