Login - Become a member

Deformers in Layout?

Forums home -> Modeling -> Deformers in Layout?

Deformers in Layout? 
By diaz on May 09, 2001 03:38 AM
I'm trying to create some effects in Lightwave, and, because my models are to be animated, i decided to use some deform tools within Layout. Now, I need to know how i can do these:

Deform based on a point with a falloff (something like using pole, but with a fallof)

Morph using a point with a falloff, so an area near to the point will morph, with a falloff percentage of morphing.

Could anyone please help me out with these? I've only been messing with still until now, so i don't really know Layout well, and as far as I've looked, Layout doesn't seem to have these abilities.
Re: Deformers in Layout? 
By Anthony on May 09, 2001 05:37 PM
It might be easier to describe what you're trying to do, and maybe there's an easier way to go about it.
Re: Deformers in Layout? 
By diaz on May 10, 2001 03:39 AM
I am trying to create the effect of ground splitting in two (cracking).
I created ground in two objects, the one is normal, and the other one is cracked, both with the same no. of polys/points. I want to animate the effect of cracked ground, and i thought of using morphs, but the thing is, that the entire ground morphs at once, whereas i want to control which points morph, and when.

As I said, i need a point (null) with a falloff range I can define that will be used to morph my object.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us