Login - Become a member

Fiery particle shockwave in Max

Forums home -> Modeling -> Fiery particle shockwave in Max

Fiery particle shockwave in Max 
By systema on Mar 15, 2001 10:02 AM
How do you make a fiery shockwave in Max ? like the  ones you see in Star Wars (in Space) they are circler in shape and  grow out from the epicentre of the explosion,   they have an outer rim and  trailing inner rim,
I know how to load up the Particle system but I have no Idea how to have it  self illuminating   so I just get a dead looking expanding ring of material   any tips would be a help, for instance  how apply  combustion to the ring  with a Gismo or any other  Tips
Are there any tutorials on this subject anywhere?   Please Help a budding Pyromaniac
Trevor  
??????
Re: Fiery particle shockwave in Max 
By ambient-whisper on Mar 15, 2001 11:56 PM
to have it illuminate you have to go into video post..and apply glow..either to the object..or material...or the scene..or to the brightest spots...
theres soo many ways to do what you want to do..
By systema on Mar 16, 2001 08:25 AM
apply glow..either to the object..or material...or the scene..or to the brightest spots...

how do you do that? (If tried but to no avail (I just get a blank render!) is there any Tutorials anywhere?)

theres soo many ways to do what you want to do....

But Im still confused as to how exactly do you use objects like a torus with a shockwave behind it or is it more simple than that, Im a newby to max but I learn Fast,

By ambient-whisper on Mar 17, 2001 12:33 AM
i dont exactly remember but i think theres a shockwave object somewhere ..if its not in the primary objects then check the secondary.

second of all..when you make your shockwave,  draw it inside the top view...it will make things easier.

every object can have an id #. to set one you must select it...right click and go to the properties menu.
inside there you should see a thing where it says ID. just change it to whatever you like. ( go in increments of 1)

when you apply an efect later down the road in video post ( found under rendering tab up top)
you can make it so that some objects share teh effect..
remember...every object that has an ID of 1 will share the same effect thats set to 1...etc...etc..

good luck.

Last modification: ambient-whisper - 03/17/01 at 01:33:14
By Challin on Apr 11, 2001 08:20 PM
One terrific source for Max 2.5 (which has that exact effect you're looking for) is:
"3D Studio MAX 2.5 f/x and Design" by Jon A. Bell
published by Coriolis (ISBN 1-56604-770-6)

...and no, I don't work for them. :) It really is that good of a book.
By systema on Apr 12, 2001 01:19 AM
Thanks Michael
Thats great, I have had a go and with a plugin called "particle combustion"
You can see the result on a small web page where I put stuff for forums,
http://www.spetstuff.homestead.com/index.html

By the way is a small ani GIF, and It is only smoke! I tryed a colourful one and it wanted 40hrs to render,(and my system is running at 800mh and 128meg ram)!

Last modification: Trevor Robinson - 04/12/01 at 03:19:40

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us