Login - Become a member

looks like my previous msges where unclear.. ok pl

Forums home -> Modeling -> looks like my previous msges where unclear.. ok pl

looks like my previous msges where unclear.. ok pl 
By on Dec 29, 2000 08:24 AM
hi again guys can u help me solve this problem... i am using lightwave 3d.

Ok i want to bone and animate a mech(a battletech robot). As i have said earlier, i didnt want to make the parts bend like rubber so the solution was to make the parts separately(hands, legs, torso). Ok so i have made the parts separately.

Now what do i do? i loaded the separate parts into layout. So do i bone each object with a parent bone each?.......

Or i heard some of u said to "link the separateparts as one" then move the pivot points or something like that...? how do i link the separate parts when they r not one object

Acctually i want toIK my mech but i am still quite new in this thing...

help me see the light i am scratching my head =)

Re: looks like my previous msges where unclear.. ok pl 
By on Dec 29, 2000 09:58 PM
First . Don't scratch your head. second find a tutorial on basic IK and FK, Third Find an advanced tutorial on IK. then aply what you have learned to your mech. Fourth come up with all sorts a problems with your IK mech. 5th post your delima so I can post another smart @$$ answere such as this.
You can find tuts all over the place, try discreet.com, max3d.com, or go to ZombieCzar.com and I have plenty of links to sites holding archives of tutorials
By SeanW on Dec 31, 2000 04:42 AM
You might not have to bone your mech.  Just parent all the parts of the mech together.  They you can just use a f k set up.  If our using 6.0 theres a button in layout called motion designer.  In there you can parent all your objects.
By on Jan 02, 2001 05:18 AM
Hello
There is no need for bones when animating a Mech (well usually).
just use simple Inverse Kinematics or forward Kinematics.
In you content- Directory there a re a few scenes that might be helpfull. (there is a complete FK- Mech and a nice IK- Robot- Arm).
Study these scenes. They are very helpfull and ahem, read the manuals.
CU
Elmar

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us