Login - Become a member

how do u bone mechenical things

Forums home -> Modeling -> how do u bone mechenical things

how do u bone mechenical things 
By on Dec 26, 2000 08:50 PM
hi guys i have another question. when i try to bone mechinical stuff like a mech, the bones dont work like they should in a mechenical way, instead it works like boning a human( the way it bends is like bending rubber). But i dont want it like this cause metal dont bend.......

so can anyone tell me how to bone mechenical stuff?
Re: how do u bone mechenical things 
By on Dec 26, 2000 09:00 PM
use IK or you can link to the bones(not skin/physiq).
By on Dec 26, 2000 10:33 PM
Donīt use ik . Break down your mech into itīs components like arms, legs & etc and link them all into one group, working aroung pivor points to get the joint rotations youīre looking for .

Life can be so simple .
By on Dec 27, 2000 12:19 AM
Thats called linking correct, IK
By on Dec 27, 2000 03:58 AM
sry about being such a newbie =) but how do u link bones?.. btw i cre8ed my mech parts separately  

hmm if u tell me how maybe i can add the picture of the mech in this forum for u all to see

i am self lerned in lightwave so i am abit new everything i do is almost tril and error so tell me how to link bones =)
By bearKlaw on Dec 27, 2000 12:22 PM
in Maya, you just "parent" the bones by selecting the geometry then the correct joint then "parent". this will allow the geometry to rotate with the joint while not deforming it (because it is not bound). maybe it's similar in lightwave??

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us