Login - Become a member

Maya 4.5 Render/Hardware to Software

Forums home -> Maya -> Maya 4.5 Render/Hardware to Software

Maya 4.5 Render/Hardware to Software 
By sunking on Jan 16, 2003 10:10 AM
Everytimei render in maya it comes out looking crappy how do i change from hardware render to software i look everywhere can't find it..
using maya 4.5
Re: Maya 4.5 Render/Hardware to Software 
By Samuel_Westman on Jan 23, 2003 06:29 AM
Isīnt non-interactive rendering always software? Maybe the crappy look of your renderings has to do with your camera settings. See if the clipping values are set too high. While youīre at it, make sure your working units are realistic (preferences), i.e. donīt make a thumb hundred times as big as it should be. (see tutorial/essentials and "working with cameras").
Re: Maya 4.5 Render/Hardware to Software 
By mooR on Jan 24, 2003 03:32 AM
i really don't understand you question...anyway, hardware rendering is used with some type of particles via Hardware Render Buffer (Windows>Rendering Editors>Hardware render buffer).Beside that, general-rendering is a software process. If you are rendering Geometry then i think you should check out the Render Globals Editor (Windows>Rendering Editors> Render Globals), for Anti Aliasing values, resolution. If you are rendering NURBS surfaces then you should check the Nurbs tesselation attributes (Render | Render>set Nurbs tesselation.).
Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us