Login - Become a member

Maya trial

Forums home -> Maya -> Maya trial

Maya trial 
By the_clone on Oct 10, 2002 06:35 AM

I want to view how Maya work, but the program is very expensive; is not there some trial of maya or a demo.
Im using 3dstudio max; and i can confirm that the works made with it ( that I have see) are better than
the work made whit Maya. 8)
But maybe, I have to see how it work; :-/
Maybe is more easy to use, :o
or maybe not... 8)
maybe, 3dmax is really better than Maya... ;D

Chao!!!
Re: Maya trial 
By Jonathan_Davis on Oct 17, 2002 09:59 PM
The Maya Personal Learning Addition has been avaliable for some time now at Alias/Wavefront's website.
http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/products/maya/index.shtml
It's a free download and will allow you to get a feel for how Maya works.

As to whether Maya is "better" than 3DS, I think it is more of a question of what you want to be doing. Maya is a software that is commonly used in large effects studios because of its flexibility and ease of modification. It is a fantastic software and I use it every day, but not as much comes out of the box like with 3DS. I may personally recommend staying with 3DS because of its excellent quality and usability for the singular user.

As to whether you can make better work with one package or another, it is simply not a valid argument. I've seen amazing work come out of both packages. It all depends on what YOU want to be doing and what tools will help you achieve your goals in the best way. What feels best to you will be your best choice.
Re: Maya trial 
By mooR on Dec 28, 2002 06:01 PM
I wrote like 3 different replies to your post, mr.TheClone, but all of them contained too much ugly words.... The last thing i'd like to see in this forum is non-sense words  about which software is best. I guess nobody needs that. I'd like to suggest you
to keep your taughts to yourself. Since internet is free
and posting on this forum is free, that doesn't mean
you can post anything you like. Just use some of
your GoodSense and try to avoid posts like
"A is better than B" or at least ..post it in the general chat section.
Thank you

Cheers,
Moor.

By ikHandle on Oct 31, 2004 01:38 AM
completely agree with the author above !!

don't dilute this forum with ludicrous and unnecessary crap, try use your brain before your mouth ...
Re: Maya better than 3d max 
By paul-andrews on Nov 30, 2004 01:08 AM
So...which ones better out of Maya and 3ds Max?

By tyroavi on Dec 03, 2004 02:30 PM
hey Mr.Clone , may be may not????? :roll: :shock: never ever compare any s/w . Its all about talent and hardwork and not Software :D

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us