Login - Become a member

new to MAYA

Forums home -> Maya -> new to MAYA

new to MAYA 
By Jarly on Jul 16, 2002 10:32 AM
Hi everybody !!

I have experience in the 3D world thanks to 3D Studio MAX, I have worked in this software until a couple of month ago when I finaly decide to migrate to MAYA. I have just installed MAYA and......I'm afraid !!!......, IT'S SOOOO BIG !!!  I just don't  know "how to start". Please, i'll preciate any suggestion you have about the best tools of MAYA and something about the understanding of his philosophy of work. I have some documentation but is not very clear.

Best Regards  
                           Jarly Bobadilla Diaz
Re: new to MAYA 
By christopher on Jul 16, 2002 03:13 PM
it is all about connecting nodes.....like a chain or a flow chart....

ww.highend3d.com...is the place to go for most maya stuff..this is mainly a 3ds forum....:-/
Re: new to MAYA 
By agelos on Jul 17, 2002 07:19 AM
There is a lot of documents with Maya's cd .And there is one called instant Maya.It shows a lot of essential stuff and how to begin learning it.If you dont have that then try to begin by exploring the create menu and the manipulation tools on your left  hand like the scale tool or rotate tool etc.Along with these explore eatch component you create with the attribute editor which is under the window menu.Select the component and then the attribute editor.Thats only a suggestion for begining.For more you should try to find tutorials etc in the internet. Good luck.
Thanks 
By Jarly on Jul 18, 2002 03:48 AM
I want to thank you both, some friend gave me a Learning Maya 2 book,  is a bit old but I think is good for starting. Highend3D is a great place with lots of tutorials, very good works there.

Thank you very much

Jarly Bobadilla Diaz

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us