Login - Become a member

pic for psych cd cover

Forums home -> Job Offers -> pic for psych cd cover

pic for psych cd cover 
By ch3 on Apr 08, 2002 03:35 AM
Hi to everybody in the forum... it's my first post here!

i made these 2 for a cd cover contest.
which one do u prefer?
any other sugestions?

thnx

Last modification: George Cherouvim - 04/08/02 at 05:35:02

Last modification: George Cherouvim - 04/08/02 at 05:35:39
Re: pic for psych cd cover 
By freelancer3d on Apr 08, 2002 08:48 AM
i like the first image........ it's very appealing..... nice use of geometry.... nice depth.........cheers8)
By GRMac13 on Apr 08, 2002 08:27 PM
The second image is much more dynamic.  It looks like stretching tissue, very cool.  I would definately go with the second image.  Some suggestions: Try adding a bump map to the objects to get even more detail, or use a falloff texture, (it will look like an image from an electron microscope).  Also see how it looks with some depth of field.  
By ch3 on Apr 09, 2002 08:03 AM
DoF would be very painfull for my cpu as i use raytrace matirial. but i may try it for the final shot.
instead of falloff i already use some color for extra light in raytrace/mat options.

(btw i made those with 3dsmax4 in a p500 with 400mb ram.)

thanx for your comments;)
By GRMac13 on Apr 10, 2002 06:25 PM
Here's a technique for adding Depth of Field that will not stress your PC (lol know what that's like)  Render out your image as a .rla and in the options menu choose Z depth.  The new .rla file format recognizes pixel depth, if you have After FX 5.0 and higher you can add DoF as a filter thereby saving much rendering time.  BTW using the new .rla options you can also add effects such as fog, motion blur, etc.  using either AFX or combustion, it saves much render time and allows quicker preview times than using 3D effects.
By christopher on Apr 11, 2002 08:25 AM
keep in mind to render at double resolution...as zdepth does not anti alias your edges....

the other thing to do is render the scene without lights  using a depth shader or fog to make a greyscale image that gets lighter as to goes into Z.

and use that image to blur the color layer in AE.

you get cleaner edges and you will get depth that takes into account rounded surfaces as well...unlike zdepth channel.
By ch3 on Apr 11, 2002 01:02 PM
wow i didnt know that... and why is that possible only with AE and not with photoshop? i havent tried that .rla format... does it have an additional channel for z-depth like .tif does for alpha channel?
thank you very much for the tip... i'll try it tomorow morning:)
By GRMac13 on Apr 11, 2002 08:44 PM
Yea, basically it is like an alpha channel, if you look at the Z channel alone it is basically a grayscale image w/ white areas being closest to the camera and dark areas being further away.  As of now Photoshop 6 doesn't support .rla's but I hear 7.0 will.  But if you have AE, you can just export a still image.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:08 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vigrx plus and vimax Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us