Login - Become a member

Unfortunately we let them get that momentum

Forums home -> Softimage -> Unfortunately we let them get that momentum

Unfortunately we let them get that momentum 
By krstking2 on Aug 07, 2014 01:25 AM
RENTON, Wash. Marqueston Huff Titans Jersey . -- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner was suspended indefinitely by the NFL on Wednesday for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. The suspension is the second in two seasons for Browner. He was suspended four games last season for violating the leagues policy on performance-enhancing substances. Hes the second Seahawks player to be suspended for violating the substance abuse policy this season. Fellow cornerback Walter Thurmond is serving the final week of a four-game suspension. Browner, whose suspension is effective immediately and without pay, sent out a lengthy statement vowing that he would continue to fight his suspension and sounding resigned that his career with the Seahawks was over. "I want to thank the Seahawks organization for the incredible opportunity they gave me when they took a chance on a player who was out of the NFL and playing in the CFL for 4 years," Browner wrote. "I also want to thank all of my teammates, coaches, trainers, staff and the 12s (fans) for their support, respect, and friendship and for helping me grow into the player, father, and person I am today. I have been treated with nothing but first class by everyone associated with the Seattle Seahawks and for that I am forever grateful. "Although I disagree with the circumstances surrounding my suspension, I accept responsibility for all of my actions and I apologize for any that causes any unflattering reflections of my family and the Seahawks. I believe in my innocence and will continue to fight with all legal resources available to me to." Browner, who was injured in Week 10 against Atlanta and hasnt played since, filed an appeal of the suspension while injured and the Seahawks were waiting for an answer from the league. Seattle coach Pete Carroll said earlier Wednesday before the suspension was announced that he was frustrated the process for making a determination on Browners status had taken so long. "It has taken a long time and Ive been a little disappointed in that, but were handling it," Carroll said. Browner is in his third season with the Seahawks. He started all 26 games he has played for the Seahawks and has 19 tackles, one interception and 10 passes defenced this season. He was a Pro Bowl selection in 2011 when he had 23 passes defenced and six interceptions, but had not been able to match those numbers in the subsequent two seasons. Browner was to become a free agent after the season and could file for reinstatement after one year. News of the suspensions for both Browner and Thurmond came as the Seahawks were returning from their bye in late November. Browner is the seventh official suspension for a Seattle player for substance-abuse or performance-enhancing drugs violations by the league since 2011. That doesnt include Richard Sherman, whose suspension was overturned on appeal late last season. The two suspensions have given chances to backups Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane. They have played well enough that it was not guaranteed Thurmond or Browner would get their starting spots back when they returned. http://www.titansstore.us.com/20-nike-elite-bishop-sankey-mens-jersey-nfl-tennessee-titans-camo-fashion-black.html . 1 draft picks on their roster but its a former St. http://www.titansstore.us.com/10-nike-elite-jake-locker-mens-jersey-nfl-tennessee-titans-drift-fashion-15th-season-patch-light-blue.html .J. -- Another standout game by James Reimer, a couple of good bounces of the puck, and great penalty killing has the Toronto Maple Leafs inching closer to their first playoff berth in nine years.NAPIER, New Zealand -- Vincent Clerc scored twice in the last three minutes as France beat a resilent Canada 46-19 at the Rugby World Cup on Sunday with a margin that flattered the French for the second consecutive week. France looked shaky and led by only six points until fullback Damien Traille surged over under the posts for a converted try in the 64th minute, taking the pressure off coach Marc Lievremonts despondent team at a rain-sodden McLean Park. Clerc scored the only first-half try for France and then crossed twice late to earn France a bonus point and inflate the final scoreline in a way that didnt reflect the tussle -- almost a carbon copy of the opening win over Japan. Canada coach Kieran Crowley said his team let the chance of an upset slip away. "It was very disappointing from our perspective, we were nine points behind at halftime and lost 14 points in the last five minutes of the second half," Crowley said. "We had reasonable patches, but we cant afford to do that at this level. We came here to win tonight and so we are very disappointed about that." Lievremont, having lambasted his players after the Japan performance, this time tried to sound positive. "Im happy -- Im not going to sulk after every match my team wins with a bonus," he said. But, "obviously this doesnt mean everything was perfect and I didnt get annoyed at times during the match." Asked what didnt please him, Lievremont said the players "were tense" and "obviously everything wasnt perfect." With his tries in the 4th and 78th minutes and in stoppage time -- against a tiring Canadian lineup playing for the second time in five days -- Clerc improved the French record to nine tries in the World Cup, surpassing Christophe Dominicis eight. "Last week was a difficult first match. Now, Im very proud of the French team because we had a great match against Canada," stand-in captain Aurelien Rougerie said. "Its not easy to win against Canada, so Im very happy to win tonight." The Canadians had a 25-20 win over Tonga in a tough, physical encounter on Wednesday and simply ran out of steam late against the French. "I think if nothing else we showed that we can live with the top teams," Canada captain Pat Riordan said. "Im so proud of all of them. Theyre heartbroken right now. I think that probably shows a sign of the expectations we have for ourselves." Although Clerc walked away with a hat trick, it was Traille who opened up what had been a tight contest. Flyhalf Francois Trinh-Duc cut through doown the right and Rougerie did well to catch his low pass and offload it to Traille, who broke two tackles with brilliant sidesteps and slipped through another to touch down under the posts. Jake Locker Shirts. Lievremont ripped his players after a sloppy opening win against Japan, but the lesson was clearly not learned as France played even more poorly in patches early on than it had last week -- when it also scored three late tries in a 47-21 win. Although France was 19-10 ahead at the interval, Canada missed out on nine points with fullback James Pritchard missing two penalties and flyhalf Ander Monro going wide with a dropped goal attempt. Pritchard opened the scoring with a penalty goal but then collided with a teammate as he tried to take Trinh-Ducs up-and-under, lallowing the ball to bounce up for Clercs first score. Canada replied in kind, with Traille unable to handle a high kick before the ball bounced off the goal post and falling perfectly into the hands of Ryan Smith under the posts to make it 10-7. Pritchard and Monro wasted scoring chances as Canada caused panic in the nervy French defence. But after Canada failed to roll away in the ruck, Parra slotted over to make it 10-10. The French were clearly lacking confidence and putting pressure on themselves, surpassing the second-half slump against Japan for carelessness. But Parras trusty left boot soothed French nerves, with three cleanly-struck penalties in the last 10 minutes of the half putting France in command. Pritchard missed another penalty to start the second, but Monro faired better with his second dropped goal attempt to trim Frances lead to 19-13. Parra landed another kick, but Monros neatly taken snap from near the base of a ruck got Canada back within a converted try and a boilover threatened. "We tried to put as much pressure on the French as we could," Monro said. "Unfortunately we let them get that momentum in the second half." France finally created some pressure in the 55th minute when it camped on the Canadian line, but No. 8 Louis Picamoles could not hold the ball and the chance looked wasted until France got possession back and Trinh-Ducs quickly struck dropped goal sailed between the posts. Pritchards penalty made it 25-19 and ensured a tense last 20 minutes for Lievremonts team until Trailles flash of brilliance. ------ France 46 (Vincent Clerc 3, Damien Traille tries; Morgan Parra 5 penalties, 4 conversions, Francois Trinh-Duc dropped goal), Canada 19 (Ryan Smith try; James Pritchard 2 penalties, conversion, Ander Monro 2 dropped goals). HT: 19-10. ' ' '

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us