Login - Become a member

3D Studio Max vs. Maya

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> 3D Studio Max vs. Maya

3D Studio Max vs. Maya 
By Binz on Oct 01, 2002 02:59 PM
I've been into computer art for a while, but I'm just now getting into 3D, and I was wondering what the advantages of 3D studio max are over Maya, and vice versa.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank-ya kindly ^_^
Re: 3D Studio Max vs. Maya 
By Goat on Oct 09, 2002 11:01 AM
Maya its much beter for realistic pictures but it need very fast computer I think and for begin Max is just great!
By r2 on Oct 26, 2002 08:29 AM

Ok now, this topic is not worth a penny..because it's basically just a question of which software you are fancying. I have not seen any major differences between the pictures posted on the art gallery made by different softwares...there are many beautiful pictures made with every software !!! You can make nice and smooth models with many softwares, Maya nor MAX is not a question, it's how you use them!
And yes, there are differences on rendering...In max5, there's now radiosity included, and that should bring a lots of reality to your pictures, don't know about Maya...
But even without that, you can always get one to your favourite software, get a plug-in, like brazil !  ;)
By meisterman on Oct 27, 2002 11:11 AM
i've been thinking about this one myself and while never having used maya, i have come to this conclusion
  • [*:0f59a9c111]most profesional 3d developer's personal  sites i've been to mention that the author has experience using 3ds max and maya usually in that order chronologically, then it goes on to explain that currently the author is using exlusivly maya[*:0f59a9c111]secondly the price tag can't be completely bogus. i mean your asking to compare a software(3dsmax) under 2,000 or so dollar  with with a 5,000 or so dollar (maya)

i've used cinema3d and i think that 3dsmax is plenty better, and yes it comes with a higherprice tag, so it just leads me to believe that maya is better.

but i don't really know from experience so why listen to me.
By meisterman on Oct 27, 2002 11:25 AM
hey it's me again i found this. written by allias the maker of maya so i don't know how fair a comparision it is.

http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/products/maya/pdf/3dMaxtoMaya.pdf
By meisterman on Oct 27, 2002 11:27 AM
oop :-/
wasn't what i thought it was but very usefull for a 3dsmax user crossing over into maya
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:37 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us