Login - Become a member

URGENT HELP! Replace instance copies

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> URGENT HELP! Replace instance copies

URGENT HELP! Replace instance copies 
By Evelyne on Jul 30, 2002 10:00 AM
I have a chandelier with lots of instance copies.
In between there are lots of cristals,  instances as well.

Now I need to change the shape of all these cristals.

It would be too much work to do it one by one.
Re: URGENT HELP! Replace instance copies 
By skogskalle on Aug 01, 2002 09:31 AM
if the objects are instances of eachother, i believe all you have to do is change one of the crystals (scale it, or edit-mesh-it) and the others will follow....
if they are copies on the other hand, i dont know what to do......
By Baby_Face on Aug 29, 2002 03:28 AM
Thats the point of makin instances instead of copies!!!!  U change the shape of one u change them all.  Lol  u did it the right way!  :D.
By Local_Boy on Sep 09, 2002 08:27 AM
While on the subject, lets say he didn't make them instances.

Would there be a fast way of changing a copied object to an instanced object, or do you just "bite the bullet" and do it the long way.

Aloha from Hawaii,
Kaleo
By Yanni_Mac on Sep 09, 2002 05:02 PM
As far as I know you can't change the objects back to instance.  Try this, though.  its a pretty cool trick.  Select the object you want to modify.  open up the maxscript listener.  click the macrorecorder menu in the listener and select enable.  This will record every modification you make to the object in maxscript code.  Then make all the modifications to the object and when you are finished, copy (ctrl + v) all of the maxscript that is printed out in the listener (in the top part of the listener).    Paste all of the maxscript code that you copied into the bottom window of the listener.  Select file > save in the listener and name it something.  Then select all of the other copies of the object.  While they are selected click maxscript > run script and choose the script you just wrote.  All of the modifications that you made to the first object will be modified on all selected objects.  Scripting is a very powerful and time-saving tool if you can learn to use it.
By Baby_Face on Sep 17, 2002 11:45 PM
ah.....the wonders of scripting....y didnt they teach us that at uni...ill never know
By Pgraphics on Sep 25, 2002 06:49 PM
That's a great trick. See you learn something every day.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:38 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us