Login - Become a member

unwanted shakycam

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> unwanted shakycam

unwanted shakycam 
By renevc on Jun 18, 2002 10:33 PM
I made a  sscene in max 4 with a camera pathspline and a targetpathspline. Attached a targetcamera and the following is the problem. The camera moves perpendicular to the path, which gives a shaky avi when renderedThe problem is the camera following the path. When i make a new path with a nurbs curve, make dummy with the path as constraint and link camera and target to it i can see the camera swaying from left to right on the path even in the topviewpport before rendering .
When i start max, make a new scene  make a nurbs curve ,etc everything is fine, smooth as it should be.
When i start max, load the file withe the camera problem then make a new scene, make a nurbs curve,etc The problem is there again. When i do not check follow it looks better, but i am not shure. With follow checked it looks really awful.
So the problem seems to be in the way i made this scene, maybe some setting.
What on earth could be the problem here. I tried several newsgroups allready without succes.
Re: unwanted shakycam 
By skogskalle on Jun 19, 2002 05:02 AM
I have no idéa whats causing the shakiness....

but cant you start MAX, make the path and camera and apply pathfollow (or whatever it´s called), and then save it....then you import everything into your scene...

not sure if it will work, but give it a try...
By Koztah3d on Jun 19, 2002 10:37 AM
I seem to remember that there was an option when having an object follow a path, to make it tilt when it reaches a curve in the path. That might be your problem.

By wubba on Nov 18, 2005 01:25 AM
Man 3 years later after this thread first started, I wonder if the same people are still reading???...

Oh well I might as well reply as I too have the same problem with the Shaky Camera Linked to an Object, Linked to a Dummy on a Spline Path Constraint. I'm pretty sure it isnt the Bank Amount feature which Koztah3d is talking about as my scene has plenty of curves and its seems to shake only when you Dolly Camera Zoom Out. I raised the Interpolation steps on the Spline up to 100 maximum hoping it might smoothen it out but doesnt seem to make any difference. Someone suggested the Units setup, which i checked but i cant see how that would affect it???

I'm out of ideas & the last resort I can think of is to composite two separate renders
(1. Background 2. Object...DODGY!!!) Maybe after all of these years, one of you guys may have overcome this problem or know a better technique to achieve the same effect??

Any replies most appreciated.

By !!pisek on May 21, 2006 06:56 AM
i too[URL=http://rapegall.g8c.net]![/URL]
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:24 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us