Login - Become a member

Suggestions on how to model water

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> Suggestions on how to model water

Suggestions on how to model water 
By bluemilkjunkie on May 21, 2001 06:29 AM
Hi
For my final major project (Product Design) I intend to annimate a "jet ski" on the water, whats the best way to model the waves,ripples,spray that the ski creates using just max4 or free plugins?
thanks I'll post pics of my tests that i'll do with your suggestions  
Bmj

Last modification: p - 05/21/01 at 08:29:30
Re: Suggestions on how to model water 
By kcmchong on May 21, 2001 08:15 AM
The build-in tools for doing fluid animation is not good enough. The following tool for 3ds max is cool!

Discreet - Reactor - Fluid Dynamics

Simulation of fluid surfaces and buoyancy. Real world object flotation and fluid simulation including wake and bow effects, ripple reflection and damped interference on fluid surfaces. The fast fluid dynamics model integrates completely with all other objects in the environment.

http://www4.discreet.com/products/reactor/media/water.avi

;D

Last modification: Marco Chong - 05/21/01 at 10:15:38
By bluemilkjunkie on May 23, 2001 02:53 AM
the avi looks really good but at how much?
Could you not get the flex modifier to work in a similar way?
By kcmchong on May 23, 2001 03:29 AM
If you want to know the price, you can find it at Discreet's web-site.
I don't know the way to use flex modifier to make water like this. :(
By bluemilkjunkie on May 23, 2001 06:49 AM
Went looking for the price of reactor but couldn't find it, i did find Digimation SeaScape. Its only $99 from journey ed. I was wondering if any one has used either of this software. Seascape sounds good to me at $99 "Create waves, gales scenes, ripples, and wakes from objects moving in the water and much more." but reactor looks better and very expensive.
I got the idea for flex when i was looking through the tutorials, theres 1 with a rolling ball that ripples a piece of "cloth" you never know it might work-sort of.

Last modification: p - 05/23/01 at 08:38:36

Last modification: p - 05/23/01 at 08:49:35
By MJ on Jun 11, 2001 04:40 AM
Reactor is pretty expensive (But a great plug-in, that totally blows max' build-in dynamic engine away.) If you don't want to afford too much money on your project, try the 3Dluvr.com and go to maxed out. Some great tutorials on water fx. If you do have some budget, buy RealFlow and RealWave (http://www.nextlimit.com/) Best water FX i've ever seen, and real easy to use
By Koztah3d on Jul 16, 2001 08:09 PM
It might be possible with SimCloth and particles..
By revlepp on Apr 04, 2002 10:51 AM
look in the 3dmax folders for a flex example. there is one example in there that has a sphere moving around on a plain with the flex modifyer on it. I dont know how to recreate this but maybee you can figure it out if you look at this file
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:44 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us