Login - Become a member

Best Video Card for MAX?

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> Best Video Card for MAX?

Best Video Card for MAX? 
By Tranquilizator on Aug 30, 2001 05:56 PM
I've decided to compile a new system completely for 3d. I'm not sure which video card to buy though. I want my new system to be reasonably fast for a reasonable price. The cards I've looked at are nVidia geForce2 64mb mx400/pro/gts/ultra and I am also thinking about geForce3 but its probably too much for now. Please give me some advice. Thanks!
Re: Best Video Card for MAX? 
By Necrophidius on Sep 07, 2001 11:50 AM
If you are considering a reasonable card you might wanna check 3D Labs Oxygen series. They are not based on the Nvidia Chips but they supply a good bang for the buck. Maybe go for a Gloria II (of Elsa). It's a bit old but check it anyway. Good choice for waht you have suggested.
By Cyrus on Sep 10, 2001 09:07 PM
I agree Gloira cards are how ever expensive but in return you get a quite rocking performance, note that the Gloria cards are not made for gameing
By threeD on Sep 17, 2001 12:30 PM
There is no best Video Card. I have a Duron 750, 256mbSDRAM 133mhz, GF mx200 AGPx4 32mbSDRAM.
I would buy a GFmx200. Very good value and work very well with the new nVidia D4 20.00 drivers. Just make sure you have plenlty of RAM. Like 256 for Win98se and more if your using 2000 or XPpro.
Win98se can only address 256 ram or less.

http://ssuttie3d.homestead.com/files/index.htm

By PolarPrick on Oct 19, 2001 08:20 AM
Actually, many of ELSA's cards are specializin' in max
By scootch on Oct 26, 2001 08:12 PM
best bang for the buck,
go with Nvidia cards..
all the cards released by Elsa are Video game cards... so if you want to play games as well as 3d. go with elsa cards or go buy other nvidia cards and you can enable Quadro manually.  And oh lord are Maxtreme Drivers for Quadro cards oh so cool and FAST in 3dSmax!!!

Last modification: scootch - 10/26/01 at 22:12:57
By Freak4_3DSmax on Feb 26, 2002 03:38 PM
>scootch.. 'go with elsa cards or go buy other nvidia cards and you can enable Quadro manually.  And oh lord are Maxtreme Drivers for Quadro cards oh so cool and FAST in 3dSmax!!!'

Can you take a Ge-Froce2 MX400 w/ 64MB ram and enable Quadro manually??  I have heard of that before but have not found anything on the subject.
;)
By iekc on Mar 06, 2002 09:58 AM
Geforce 3 or Geforce 2 GTS may be the best choice for MAX use. U can Enable Quadro features to geforce with help of SoftQuadro and get professional features to use by that way. So U get Quadro with price of Geforce. ;)

I have Geforce 3 "modified" to Quadro DCC with program called SoftQuadro. After using SoftQuadro U can instal maxtreme drivers to max and get Quadro's performance to MAX with Geforce.

U can download newest version of Rivatuner here. It have SoftQuadro included to it:
http://www.nvworld.ru/downloads/rivatuner.zip

and here is some more info about SoftQuadro:
http://www.nvworld.ru/docs/sqe.html

SoftQuadro is safetiest way to turn ur Geforce to Quadro. I recommend for all Geforce owners who use MAX.

PS. Ati Fire GL would also be a great choice. It's quite cheap and performancy.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:47 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us