Login - Become a member

Ive been down this road before

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Ive been down this road before

Ive been down this road before 
By dengdai on Jul 05, 2014 03:29 AM
QUEBEC -- Nick Sorensen scored a hat trick and added two assists, Francois Brassard made 33 saves, and the Remparts scored six power-play goals to hammer Halifax 8-2 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action on Thursday. nfl jerseys china . Anthony Duclair had two goals and five assists, Mikhail Grigorenko and Adam Chapman each had a goal and an assist, and Cody Donaghey scored the other Quebec (30-12-8) goal. Nikolaj Ehlers and Andrew Shewfelt replied for the visiting Mooseheads (33-17-1), who racked up 63 penalty minutes on 36 infractions. Zachary Fucale started in net for Halifax and gave up six goals on 24 shots. Kevin Darveau stopped 11 of 13 shots in relief. --- VOLTIGEURS 4 TITAN 1 DRUMMONDVILLE, Que. -- Olivier Caouette had a goal and two assists to lead the Voltigeurs over Acadie-Bathurst. Matthew Boudens and Georgs Golovkovs each had a goal and an assist, and William Carrier added the other Drummondville (31-16-3) goal. Matthew Boudreau scored the lone goal for the Titan (17-30-5). Joe Flescher made 17 saves for the victory, while Jacob Brennan stopped 41 shots in defeat. --- FOREURS 8 HUSKIES 5 ROUYN-NORANDA, Que. -- Pierre-Maxime Poudrier scored three goals and had an assist to lift visiting Val-dOr over the Huskies. Anthony Mantha, Anthony Richard, and Nicolas Aube-Kubel each had a goal and two assists apiece for the Foreurs (31-17-2), and Guillaume Gelinas and Louick Marcotte scored once and helped on another. Jean-Sebastien Dea scored twice, Ryan Penny, Julien Nantel, and Francis Perron added the other Rouyn-Noranda (26-18-5) goals, and Guillaume Decelles stopped 16 of 23 shots for the loss. Decelles replaced Alexander Belanger, who stopped all five shots he faced in the first period. Antoine Bibeaue started in net for Val-dOr but was pulled after giving up three goals on seven shots. Keven Bouchard made 30 saves in relief. --- WILDCATS 4 ISLANDERS 3 CHARLOTTETOWN -- Christophe Lalonde scored the winning goal on the power play at 17:12 of the third period, and Alex Dubeau turned back 37 shots, as the Moncton Wildcats edged the Islanders. Vladimir Tkachev, Ivan Barbashev and Christopher Caissy also scored for the Wildcats (26-24-2). Caissys goal at 19:56 of the second period gave Moncton a 3-1 lead. Alexandre Goulet scored his 20th and 21st goals of the season for Charlottetown (17-29-5), which lost its eighth in a row. Robert Pelletier also scored for the Islanders. Mason McDonald made 19 saves for the loss. --- DRAKKAR 6 PHOENIX 1 BAIE-COMEAU, Que. -- Charles Hudon scored twice, as the Baie-Comeau Drakkar made it nine wins in a row with their lopsided victory over Sherbrooke. Charles Poulin, Alec Jon Banville, Maxime St-Cyr and Alexandre Chenevert also scored for the Drakkar (34-12-4). Jeremy Roy spoiled Simon Lemieuxs shutout bid when he scored for the Phoenix (15-29-6) at 11:01 of the third period. Lemieux finished with 18 saves while Sherbrookes Francis Lavallee stopped 17 of 19 shots in the first period, and Gabriel Parent handled 22 of 26 shots the rest of the way. cheap nfl jerseys . The Saints said Benson and Payton requested Mondays meeting with Goodell. Former Saints defensive co-ordinator Gregg Williams -- who is now with the St. Louis Rams -- met last week with NFL investigators looking into the bounty system he ran in New Orleans. cheap jerseys . Gomez also had a double, Jeremy Reed had three hits and Wil Nieves recorded two hits. Starting pitcher Takashi Saito was roughed up for four hits and two runs in an inning of work.BALTIMORE -- It wasnt the pain in his right shoulder that forced Luke Scott to bring an end to his 2011 season. The Baltimore Orioles left fielder reluctantly abandoned his effort to play through a torn labrum because he was no longer able to swing the bat effectively. Scott put an end to his troubled season Saturday. In the days ahead, he will decide whether to correct his shoulder through rehabilitation or surgery. The 33-year-old hoped a stay on the 15-day disabled list would help, but after being activated Friday he didnt get through an entire game against the Los Angeles Angels before realizing his bat speed just wasnt there. "I battled through it the best I could, but Im not helping the team by going out there and swinging with my bat underwater," Scott said. "Im not helping myself either, so I thought I should do whats best now and try to get ready for the next year." After batting .284 with 27 homers and 72 RBIs last year, Scott is hitting .220 with nine homers and 22 RBIs in 64 games. Swinging the bat became a chore, not because it hurt so much -- he received two cortisone shots along the way -- but because he couldnt take the kind of cut he was accustomed to taking. "Pains not really the issue. I can play with the pain as long as I have the snap in my bat and I can do a good job out there," Scott said. "Im just not capable of doing a good job and functionality comes into question." Its not that he didnt try to make it happen. Scott exhausted all avenues before realizing that he wasnt going to make it through the season. "I didnt have peace just shutting it down and calling it quits without exercising all options," he said. "Ive exercised all those options. Ive taken the DL time to rest where I didnt do anything, I didnt touch a bat, didnt touch a weight, didnt do any exercise. I just mostly slept,, I rested and gave it a while to calm down. wholesale jerseys. " And then he came back and went 0 for 3 against the Angels, hitting a drive to the warning track in his final trip. "I think what really put him over the top was the ball that he kind of squared up that flew out deep to centre field," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "He felt like he couldve hit that (harder) normally." Coming to grips with the fact that he wont play again this season was not easy for Scott. He missed his first professional season in 2001 after undergoing elbow ligament replacement surgery, and doesnt particularly care for the idea of not playing baseball during the last couple months of summer. "Its like getting kicked really hard in the stomach without someone telling you. You put so much into this game, you put so much into your hearts desire, so much work," he said. " I really believed -- I was thinking positive -- that I was going to get through this. When you realize that its not going to work out the way that you want, it becomes very difficult to handle. But at the same time, Ive been down this road before." Scotts contract ends after this season, and hed hate for his time with the Orioles to conclude in this fashion. "My hearts desire is that I want to be here when the organization makes that turn to get back to where we need to be," he said. "But thats out of my hands. All I can do is get ready for this challenge thats coming up, getting myself ready for next spring training and bring to the table what I bring to the table when Im healthy. Then the rest of thats the Orioles decision. The Good Lord has control of my future. My hearts desire and my hope is that it will be here." Baltimore placed Scott on the 15-day disabled list Saturday and recalled third baseman Josh Bell from Triple-A Norfolk. ' ' '

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us