Login - Become a member

Saint Simons Island

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> Saint Simons Island

Saint Simons Island 
By pierreour on Jun 20, 2014 03:19 AM
This is one of the most delightful dining experiences on the Island. The view is awesome, especially on the upstairs outside deck. Many of the wait staff have been there for years and high quality and excellence is obviously a must here. I frequent Blue Water often and take quest that visit with me on the Island, for a cocktail, dinner and/or an appetizer. I read the reviews and say that more people are prone to publish something bad rather than good, so don't let the negative reviews keep you from this wonderful experience. (And NO I don't own or have any affiliation with Blue Water) I have simply enjoyed my experience each time I have dined here.

2 out of 2 found this review helpful

This is the biggest joke Texans Louis Nix Jersey of "casual dining" I've ever seen. First off the owners have no idea of the definition of casual. I was wearing a white full sleeve shirt with a small stain and a pair 50 dollar Patagonia shorts. Very casual but still not trashy in the least if anything upper middle class casual however my visible, heavily tattooed arms, throat, and slightly tattooed face were obviously not considered to be casual . The owner kept feeling the need to reintegrate the fact that I was not acceptable enough to sit at the bar and purchase a beer while I waited a whopping 15 minutes for an overpriced $120 dollars worth of 5 person meal to go on a slow Sunday. The fact of the matter is that Im a chef that has worked in numerous high class, four star + restaurants. Places that do have dress codes and they certainly don't call themselves casual they address the dress code and refuse people based upon that. However I was told that this establishment was a "nice, casual" restaurant to. more >This is the biggest joke of "casual dining" I've ever seen. First off the owners have no idea of the definition of casual. I was wearing a white full sleeve shirt with a small stain and a pair 50 dollar Patagonia shorts. Very casual but still not trashy in the least if anything upper middle class casual however my visible, heavily tattooed arms, throat, and slightly tattooed face were obviously not considered to be casual . The owner kept feeling the need to reintegrate the fact that I was not acceptable enough to sit at the bar and purchase a beer while I waited a whopping 15 minutes for an overpriced $120 dollars worth of 5 person meal to go on a slow Sunday. The fact of the matter is that Im a chef that has worked in numerous high class, four star + restaurants. Places that do have dress codes and they certainly don't call themselves casual they address the dress code and refuse people based upon that. However I was told that this establishment was a "nice, casual" restaurant to which I replied with the definition of casual and a retort of if nothing states business casual the sign on the door clearly reads no sleeveless shirts and nothing else is added. Moral of the story is save your time with this subpar establishment. I've worked in actual high end restaurants that would never turn down money based on dealing with a tattooed customer for a mere few minutes. The restaurant is an amateurs attempt on sea side fine dining. I read another review of it having a handyman esque view of the ocean and that could not be more spot on. If it wasn't for the fact I live under a mile away I would have never attempted to eat here in the first place. Turning away customers who are able and willing to spend more than you average customer is unacceptable in any circumstance, its especially unacceptable when its based solely off someone's race/tattoos/etc. These are the real issues of America in 2013 and discrimination is discrimination. How dare you tell me Im not good enough to order a to go meal for my friends and family in your sea side, casual restaurant when Ive held the title of poissonnier(fish chef)and sous chef in numerous establishments. Ignorance breed ignorance and accepting sub par service at exaggerated prices is most certainly ignorant. Close minded individuals are the downfall of humanity

My husband and I went to the upstairs bar for an afternoon drink after shopping in the village. My first impression was that the bar was really cool and had a great view. The bar had just opened for the day so there were only a handful of people there. They did not have any beer on tap, which bummed us out a little, but not nearly as much as the bartender did. He took our drink order quickly, but when he brought my husband's beer, he put the bottle on the bar and the beer started to overflow all over the bar. The bartender walked away so quickly he didn't see it. When he came back, I said could we have some napkins and motioned towards the overflowing beer. The bartender just tossed some napkins onto the bar and kept walking. He had no personality the entire time we were there and was a real buzz killer. We had a couple of drinks and when ready to leave placed our credit card on the bar which he walked by about 10 times before picking it up. Not a great welcoming to St. Simons. That was enough for us so we didn't revisit for dinner.

If you are looking for poor service, mediocre food with a view of a fishing pier, you came to the right spot. My wife and I went to this dive on New Year's day. Saying it was horrible would be an understatement. We would have had a better dining experience at McDonald's, Wendy's or Burger King . The wait and bar staff were both slow and inexperienced. The hostess/ manager was extremely rude and stiffed us for a drink my wife sent back to the bar. Then as we were leaving, she tried to lecture me about customer service. She must not have taken her medication that day. This food dispensing unit, which should not to be mistaken for a restaurant, must be doing so well it can afford to offend customers and lose repeat business. On average, a person tells 13 people about a poor customer service experience. The hostess made me so angry I have easily surpassed that number. Bon appetite!

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us