Login - Become a member

How do I create lights in 3D Studio Max r3?

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> How do I create lights in 3D Studio Max r3?

How do I create lights in 3D Studio Max r3? 
By cjs_uk on Aug 30, 2001 08:55 AM
I want to create lights that are rectangular or odd-shaped, how do i do it?? In other words, how do i create lights other than using the standard max lights. Heeelp.
:o
Re: How do I create lights in 3D Studio Max r3? 
By Koztah3d on Aug 30, 2001 06:30 PM
Build the light shape you want as a mesh and boolean it out of a plane, then have your light go through it- set the light and object to cast shadows, and then apply a material with 0 opacity, 0 of all the specular settings. Boom, strangely shaped spotlights.
By Baby_Face on Sep 11, 2001 01:29 PM
ahhhh.  Of course, this was bugging me too! lol, at least im not the only "amatuer" here lol.;D
By cjs_uk on Sep 12, 2001 08:41 AM
:D:o KNICKERS :o:D
By Khyan_BG on Sep 26, 2001 05:03 PM
How about creating a projector map?
Simpler rectangular shape can be found at the spotlight's parameters.
By Koztah3d on Sep 27, 2001 09:07 AM
You could do that, but I've always found projector maps to look sort of fakey- also, if you want a strabgely-shaped spotlight, usually in your scene it'll be coming from a spotlight, so you'll have to model the gobo anyway.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:53 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us