WoaW!! this forum is "dead"

Forums home -> Softimage -> WoaW!! this forum is "dead"

WoaW!! this forum is "dead" 
By Laptiko on Mar 06, 2003 02:59 PM
There is no one who use Softimage?? :(
Re: WoaW!! this forum is "dead" 
By specter on Mar 17, 2003 09:39 AM
I didn't know raphcom has a soft forum.
And I have to say that I worked with soft over the last four days for about 55! hours.

I'll definetely check back to this forum in the future...

I think soft is still used by many companies around the world (and is loved by many artists...). Its a little silent around it because that people who uses softimage are not having many problems or questions about it. Many of them uses soft for several years (or maybe for  a decade?)

I'm using it over the last ~three years and I love it for its stability, possibilities and personality. And not to forget the fastest GUI ever seen!
It restarts in three seconds, you can run about ten functions simultaneously, its a play meadow for phreaks! ;)

PS: Sorry if my english is a little unusually but english is my second language.

Best regards

specter
By resty on Aug 11, 2003 12:43 PM
although I havent worked a lot with it, softimage is superb.

My guess the reason no one uses it personally is it's phenomenal price tag, it's lack of pirated copies and it's a little harder to learn then say 3d max.

I'd agree that most users are in the high end industry and recieved either very good training or all the books they could get
By hagbard on Feb 16, 2004 09:12 PM
there is no lack of pirate copies...

By Ominous_Dealings on Jun 23, 2005 01:03 PM
Even daunting as softimage may seem (Because I can't use the bloody thing... I'm a newbie when it comes to using 3d tools) its damn good. Just take a look at half-life 2.... the facial expressions are amazing for 3d gaming and its way ahead of its time due to the source engine. Yes softimage is a great tool... pity i can't use it :(

By EDarkness1 on Aug 22, 2005 08:17 AM
I've been interested in it myself. Even considering picking up the Foundation. But I'm too much of a 3D scrub to really use it. Been playing with the Demo a little bit and can't really get off the ground. But like everything, sometimes it takes a little work to get use to it...at least it's better than Blender from what I can tell. :)

-EDarkness1

By CG Man on Jan 30, 2008 12:10 PM
The thing with Softimage users is they already have a good forum for it XSI Base. Only problem with the XSI Base forum is your posts get locked if you ask for more feedback. Not a perfect forum for freelancers so I come to sites like these.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us