I have long been fascinated by the human psyche
Forums home -> Requests -> I have long been fascinated by the human psyche
I have long been fascinated by the human psyche
By linfeng520 on Jun 04, 2014 07:36 AM
Whether launching a ‘traditional business’ or an ‘on-line business’ Womens Miguel Cabrera Jersey , the hours require to start a brand new business can be long, and the pay-off is uncertain. In the case of on-line entrepreneurs, profitability will only come after months of creating content and cultivating a loyal following. Perseverance and self confidence are personality traits common to all truly successful businesspeople.
I have long been fascinated by the human psyche, and in particular, why some people are seemingly destined for success at a young age while others are bound to be living hand-to-mouth their entire lives? The answer is surprisingly simple – it’s attitude. It was Napoleon Hill who made famous the idea that you could Think and Grow Rich. When you are working on your business in a positive and authentic way, that vibe comes through to your customers. For truly successful people, failure is simply not an option. They have a burning desire to prove something to themselves, the self confidence to believe in themselves and a stubbornness to never, ever quit.
The mental side of running a business is Miguel Cabrera Jerseys , in my opinion, the most important determinant in whether your new company will succeed. At some point, every successful entrepreneur has had a moment of questioning whether their efforts are truly worth it. In the end, those who persevere are the ones who achieve the highest levels of success. Choosing to stay positive can be difficult, so here are 10 ways to find motivation when you feel yourself starting to lose enthusiasm. These are listed from easiest to hardest.
1. Find small ways to give yourself constant positive reinforcement. Configure your workspace with images that inspire, write your goals on your bathroom mirror, or set up your email ringtone with a sound that keeps you on track (I hear the sound of a cash register with each email I receive).
2. Create a Vision Board – I first heard about visualization from John Assaraf in the movie “The Secret” and was sceptical. The concept involves finding images that represent your dreams, goals and ambitions, then turning those images into a poster and keeping it somewhere where you will notice it several times each day. My wife tried it Miguel Cabrera Jersey , and I noticed how it seemed to keep her on-track for a half marathon. I decided to give it a shot. My take on this was a little different – I put several PowerPoint slides together and saved them as images. These became my screen-saver and my computers wallpaper. I found the constant reminding was motivational, and eventually found that I was accomplishing each of the goals that I had initially set for myself. Check out the movie ‘The Secret” if you need more help on visualization techniques.
3. Keep a list of the movies, books or quotes that provide you with inspiration. My all-time favorite quote is from the 1989 movie “Dead Poets Society”: “They’re not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they’re destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because www.officialtigersteamshop.com , you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? – - Carpe – - hear it? – - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary. ”
4. Find your Mantra – Adam Kreek, Canadian Olympic Gold Medallist in Rowing from 2008 officialtigersteamshop , advocates finding a personal mantra to inspire success. While training for the 2008 games in Beijing, he repeated the phrase “I want a gold medal” thousands of times with each stroke that he took. Find something primal that resonates with your entrepreneurial spirit, then stick it to the wall near your computer.
5. This won’t work for everybody, but I have found meditation to be incredibly helpful. Sitting quietly for 10 minutes provides a clear perspective on things and allow you to distinguish between competing priorities. The goal of meditation is to stop thinking and just focus on breathing.
6. Get outside and reconnect with living, breathing people – during the start-up phase, online entrepreneurs can spend quite a bit of their time alone. Re-establishing contact with old friends can be encouraging. To lift the spirits a little further, findan hour and help somebody else with a problem they are facing.
7. Frequent checking of your AdSense account or your Affiliate Sales stats is counter-productive. At best, you have made a sale and be motivated to continue. At worst, you just wasted your time and have felt discouraged with your lack of progress. If you allow this to happen several times a day Official Tigers Team Shop , you become distracted from the serious tasks at hand. This is like dieters who weight themselves several times a day. It may be difficult, but try to limit yourself to checking your stats no more than once a day.
8. Cut the toxic people from your life and make sure the people you associate with are people who give you energy. There are two types of people in the world – those who pump you up and those who bring you down. Whether you recognize it or not, people tend to be a reflection of their peers. Make sure you associate with people who bring out the best in you.
9. Be authentic – this is easier said than done. Genuinely positive people are not conflicted with who they really are and whom they think others want them to be. Finding your own voice and making yourself vulnerable takes courage and is often-times a long.