Login - Become a member

A BOMB

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> A BOMB

A BOMB 
By Moriarty on May 04, 2001 01:25 AM
Would anyone here even know how to begin an animation of an atomic bombs mushroom cloud?  it's been baffling me.

Moriarty
Re: A BOMB 
By Mike_Bendele on May 05, 2001 10:16 PM
From what tv clips I've seen of an A-bomb, I recall that the sky is clear one second, then there is a bright flash that obscures everything, and when it clears there is a huge evil looking cloud slowing growing across the sky.

I'd probably try to use that flash of light to cover up the preliminary setup, and have something resembling the full cloud by the time exposure returned to normal. Some solid geometry, definately some particle systems, lots of interlocking spheres, maybe... hmm, hard to say without some tinkering.

I can't recall seeing a movie where anyone created one of those using pure CG.

That would be a good exercise to try.
Be sure to post the anim when you're finished! :D

3D Artists, "create the best A-Bomb explosion" unofficial competition! Ready, Set, Go!
By Moriarty on May 06, 2001 01:06 AM
I have alot of that WWII footage on Video and have been watching it.  that and some scenes from Dr.Strange love.  The way the white fades away is an effect I can add after the animation.  it's really just a white composite screen in the video software I can play with and animate.  I was thinking of using a sphere for the mushroom with half the hemesphere taken off.  and a well texture and tapered cylinder for the "body" and maybe use combustion and particles for the smoke and debris.  the tough part is making the little houses and buildings get whisked away from the aftershock and heat storm.  I am just a beginner but As soon as it's finished look for the post.

Moriarty
By hcharry on May 07, 2001 03:18 AM
A note for the mushroom cloud. Something that should help is to make part of it out of spheres or sphere gizmos, and have them rotate outward and they rise. In theory at least, I haven't got that working well yet though.
By xyzik on May 15, 2001 02:46 PM
for the houses being whisked away...

how about using a bomb, put the gizmo on the base of the mushroom and then link all the houses building etc. to the gizmo, maybe tweak it a bit to have the bomb go with the maybe cloud/ explosion model (use the disk shape for this one with tweaked materials) that will travel on the ground level (like independence day kinda thing...oh yeah the heat storm) have two opposing gravity space warps on top and below the houses/buildings that will keep the bombed models from straying to far but outward away from the cloud...i think...hehe what else.......i think id better stop mumbling

bene
By micromike777 on Jun 06, 2001 12:22 PM
To similate the effect of the houses exploding you can try to make them go enground in syncronization away from the explosion. I think that it would work, at least for the houses in the distance.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:56 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us