Login - Become a member

Advance Glow Problems

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> Advance Glow Problems

Advance Glow Problems 
By under_score on Feb 18, 2001 08:59 PM
I am creating a scene in which a particle system has a glow applied to it. Some particles are very close to the camera and some are far away. No matter how far away the object gets, the glow doesn't diminish in size. Is there any way to get the glow size to diminish with the distance from the camera so that they appear in proper perspective? To see the scene as it is now go to
http://www.msu.edu/~braychr2/vidoegallery/videos/2-14_clouds_v2.mov

I can't find help on this anywhere!!!!!

Re: Advance Glow Problems 
By ZombieCzar on Feb 18, 2001 11:00 PM
if i recall you can set some parameter in the lensfx thing, but it doesn't work well.
you might wanna fake this with geometry.
By under_score on Feb 19, 2001 01:52 PM
are you talking about distance fade?   It seems that that is what I should use, but when I enter a value for it, the glow just disapears of all the particles.  Does anyone know how to use distance fade to get the aforementioned effect?
By under_score on Feb 19, 2001 01:53 PM
are you talking about distance fade?   It seems that that is what I should use, but when I enter a value for it, the glow just disapears of all the particles.  Does anyone know how to use distance fade to get the aforementioned effect?
By under_score on Mar 14, 2001 05:37 AM
blah
By ZombieCzar on Mar 15, 2001 02:08 PM
yes ditance fade, the settings of which are not easily set correctly.
or use instance geometry of a sphere or something to creat your glow effect, say a fallof opacity, and addetive transparency..

bah
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:01 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us