Login - Become a member

Im new, anyone willing to help??

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> Im new, anyone willing to help??

Im new, anyone willing to help?? 
By Spectrum on Jan 16, 2001 12:28 PM
I just have a few general questions, because I have never used a 3D imaging program before.  Ok, my first question is simple-

1. Is it worth is to get a good imaging program if I am not a really talented drawer or artist in real life?  I want to know because I have ideas, but I just can't express them well...Im hoping the computer can help that.

2. Thats all I really want to know for now  ;D.
Re: Im new, anyone willing to help?? 
By Eliseu_Gouveia on Jan 16, 2001 07:13 PM
Computers are a tool, like a pen or a camera :
thereīs no use having a top of the line machine if you canīt express your visions through it .
If you have the Talent, then the sky is the limit, otherwise...

Donc, the question here is "Do you have an artist within you" ?
By Spectrum on Jan 16, 2001 08:34 PM
Let me re-phrase that question.

Does a top of the line imaging program such as 3D Studio MAX make ideas (mainly surrealistic ones) easier to express?  Because I can draw, just not to well...I can make pictures and what not, so I believe I have the talent.  More to the point- Is a computer bassicaly the same or much different than using a pencil or a paint brush?  I know the obvious answer, but because it renders polygons has pre fabricrated images, installed colors and other junk it seems to me like it would be easier to make a picture.  Any answer will do....I know the only real answer is just trying it for myself, but it's 3g's so thats kinda tough ;D.  Which leads me to ask if I can get a demo somewhere, and if so, where?

Another question-

Do most of you guys who make landscapes and models of humans start from scratch, like a blank page or do you scan images that you drew by hand and then color them or touch them up?  Just a curious newbie....
By Cyrus on Jan 17, 2001 03:02 AM
I believe that everyone can be an artist it's just the power of willing to become one.
No one is born with the talent, you create it for yourself. I was not that good when I started I didn't even know what a spline was until I found out from all of you guys how do this for a living, and I also hope to become one of the great ones. So my advise to you is what I do every day practise, practise like hell and you are destine to become one of them.

Everyone can do this only the imageination can stop you
By Eliseu_Gouveia on Jan 17, 2001 07:11 PM
Everyone has imagination, anyone can dream and be struck by awesome visions .

Only a few can express these visions, only a few can translate the images in their minds into paper, tape or workstation screen .

Those have The Talent .

You can refine it with practice, practice practice, but you must have it to wtart with .
By Cyrus on Jan 19, 2001 01:40 AM
That may be true, everyone has dreams but if you are willing to do something about it u do it. Many artists start out with drawing a picture of their vision and then go from there. So you see u don't have to create it starting from the mind u maybe want to model Terminator or something that's not your vision it's someone else but u still have the oppertunity to create a similar version. And besides I don't u were any good at this when u started as I, but as time goes by I became better just as u have.
By damienstarr on Jan 26, 2001 01:02 PM
I think it depends on what your trying to accomplish.  For an artist the mere expression of their art is satisfaction enough.  That is the high.  

Are you trying to make money doing graphics, if so, that is probably not going to happen unless you know someone in the business who wants to help you and you have talent and a degree from a recognized university. Talent is described as the ability to express physically what you can conceive mentally.

Are you just trying to have fun.  If so, go ahead and have fun.  Create to your hearts content. Who cares but you. And maybe, just maybe, why you are having fun, you may get lucky....

DS
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:02 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us